need a way to unmod this new 3ds xl so I can play samus returns

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by cafevincent, Sep 26, 2018.

1. cafevincent
    OP

cafevincent Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2008
    Finland
    I have this new 3ds xl that was pre-modded when I bought it. it had link between worlds downloaded off the freeshop, which I love. well, the freeshop stopped working at one point so now I bought samus returns but it won't let me play it without an update. so I guess I'm saying it would be awesome if I could play both somehow, but I will settle for a solution that will unmod my device, I can buy the zelda for it. I wonder if I can just update it officially and get rid of the mod that way, or if there is a factory reset to use, or do I have to go through a tedious process of figuring out what I have installed and how to uninstall it? I have no experience in 3ds modding, none. I have, however once soft-modded my Wii, which I remember was an f****** ordeal but it worked. what would you do here?

2. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    System Settings -> Other -> System Update -> Profit

You will probably get an error saying "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patches". If that's the case put the file "boot.firm" here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v9.1/Luma3DSv9.1.7z in the SD card.

EDIT: Actually, what is the 3DS firmware version? (Can be found in system settings) And what's the Luma version? (Hold Select while booting)

Last edited by PabloMK7, Sep 26, 2018
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
  3. cafevincent
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2008
    Finland
    Luma 6.3.1, system 11.3.0-36e

I dare not try this unless really needed. is it? what does that even do??

Last edited by cafevincent, Sep 26, 2018
  4. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    he has a9lh,and yes it is needed

5. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    we can keep cfw and boot the game please send me a pic of the sd cards contents so i may help

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

did not see this
    ok so do this A9LH to B9S - 3DS Hacks Guide then you can safely update while keeping cfw and boot your cartage

Last edited by wormdood, Sep 26, 2018
    PabloMK7 likes this.
  6. cafevincent
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2008
    Finland
    Took me a while to get this done. Thank you!

Last edited by cafevincent, Oct 16, 2018
    wormdood likes this.