Hacking Need a suggestion, please advise!!

charleskimble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay guys, please bear with me! I've been on this site for a while now, reading reviews, forums, and anything I could possibly find, but I often find that I'll spend HOURS upon HOURS reading this stuff, and still unable to come to a decision. I'll explain my situation and hope you guys can provide me with the best solution!

Firstly, I'm looking to buy flash cards/sets for 2 NDSLite systems. One of them is for my kids, and they play strictly NDS games only, no GBA games. One of them is for me

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download Play "issues" will likely never be fixed with firmware updates for various cards. I think you should get something like an M3 Lite for yourself and an M3 simply for your kids. You can use your M3S to boot into your M3L to install flashme so you don't need another passcard (or equivalent). You could also install flashme on your kids' DS so download play would be fully compatible.

SC GBA support is indeed meh, but their DS support is good. Since you opted for GBA, I would get the M3 over the SC.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also a good cart to look into. Given he's probably getting an R4/M3simply for his kids, he does not need the EZpass as stated earlier. The slot 1 devices work as passcards as a bonus function.

charleskimble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I'm still a bit lost.

For my kids, I think I'll be getting the R4 or the EZFV, thanks for the advice. Does anyone know if there has been any testing of the Download Play on the EZFV though? The lack of download play on MarioKart and NSMB on the R4 is a big downer since my kids play those the most.

As for myself, I notice you guys didn't mention anything about the quality of media players/emulators. Are they all pretty much the same? I checked out the review for the EZ Flash 4 Lite Deluxe you suggested, and I can't deal with the aesthetic qualities of it; not flush, hard to remove the sdcard, and I'm not up for filing away any plastic bits either. In regards to the M3Lite, it seems like a good product and all, but what advantages does it have over the G6Lite? For GBA support, I read that G6Lite is one of the best. Would buying an EZFV+G6Lite combo be ridiculous? What are your guys' thoughts on that? Since G6Lite isn't expandable memory, I can play media/emulators via the EZFV, right? Will the EZFV even work as a passme for the G6Lite? Money isn't really an issue. I'm looking to buy 1 set, and keep that set forever. Ahhhhhhh so many questions unanswered. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You missed my suggestion of buying only one flashcart for each slot and using that combo to flash both DSes to not worry about Download Play. The other questions you asked are easily found on this forum.

Propionation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 lite has expandable memory and the same compatibility for GBA games as the G6. Just buy an M3 lite and screw the EZ Flash V and G6. The only cart that has better GBA compatibility is EZ Flash IV. Multimedia is used by a program called moonshell on all of the carts. So the interface is the same. Personally the DS does not function well enough to be a multimedia device. And for emulation I would suggest you invest in a PSP.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/