Need a Slot-2 card for GBA and emulation

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Kailieann, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Kailieann
    OP

Kailieann Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Canada
    I already have a Supercard DS One for my DS games, movies, and etc, and I'm quite happy with it so far.

Now I want a Slot-2 card, strictly for GBA and emulation. Preferably a MicroSD device, as I have a spare card laying around.

Right now I'm thinking I'll get the M3 Perfect Lite, but I just wanted to see if there were any other recommendations you guys had.

2. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    I hear a lot of good things about the M3 cards. Haven't used one myself though.

Just remember no brand has incredible GBA support. Always a minor issue here or there.

3. golden

golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

Dec 1, 2007
    United States
    I thought the M3 series had perfect no patch needing GBA playback?

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Don't know. No one ever talks about specific games on it. They seem to lack an official discussion forum too...

One rarely-used feature I can confirm no flashcart has is the solar sensor.

5. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    I would've recommended checking out the m3-forum.com
    I used to go there a lot before I found GBAtemp. The members are very helpful and of course know everything about m3 carts. But unfortunately, the forums have shut down for a few days (weeks?) and I'm not sure when it'll open up again, if at all.

6. golden

golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

Dec 1, 2007
    United States
    I was thinking of buying M3 perfect for GBA ROMs. The solar cell thing is not a big deal at all as that is only the baktai games.