Need a short update please

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Youkai, Jul 23, 2011.

Jul 23, 2011

Need a short update please by Youkai at 3:52 PM (657 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well hi people,
    I know most don't like threads like this cuz "you could have searched yourself" but hell i do not even know what i should search for XD

I didn't touch my hacked Wii for more than a year now and i would like to get a short update to what happened in this year like are there any good new loaders / emu / cios / whatever ?
    and if i wouldn't mind a link or two where i could get them [​IMG]

oh and I think to remember shortly after i stopped using the Wii (because i had no HDD left over after my dad needed the one i used with wbfs or however it was called) that there is a way to use HDD without wbfs now ?
    else i would need to get me a new HDD now that Xenoblade and other great games are going to get released (still didn't play kirbys magic yarn yet oO)

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Hi, there is no more need for Waninkoko cIOS cause there is a new one out called d2x; you can grab the installer by searching on the forums or use ModMii to Rehack you wii and update all IOS and get the best cIOS.

WiiMod is a mod of Dop-IOS MOD but can:
    • Install any System Menu and allow it to use a different IOS and also set version# (if set to max nintendo cant force you to update your SM so hacks and all will stay)
    • Install batch WADs
    • update existing IOS all-at-once!
    • Display System Info
    • Load homebrew apps
    • Plus many more things.

ModMii is a Jack-of-all-Trades to say it can:

• Soft-Mod any Wii
    • Create SNEEK(+di)/UNEEK(+di)
    • grab the latest Nintendo channels
    • update all existing IOS & cIOS
    • install extra brick protection in case of accidental downgrade
    • I may have missed something but you should definitely try it out and if you have any problem just go about resoftmoding your Wii this way.

There is a Virtual Boy emulator out now [​IMG]
    The New D2X cIOS is something worth updating cause they fixed the IOS reload Block
    Mighty Channels (VC/WiiWare emulator requires d2x cIOS)
    WiiMC (media center for the Wii)
    Postloader 2 (used in conjunction with Priiloader; replaces the need for forwarders and hbc) you should at least check this out!
    • please install bootmii and make a backup befor doing any major updates or changes to your Wii
    You mentioned you had a WBFS formated drive? well not formatted but in case that's what you had you no longer need that USB Loaders can run games from FAT32 (recommended) and NTFS)
    I believe I covered the important stuff or most of it, does anyone else have anything to add?

3. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    thanks mate that was a fast one !

Well about WiiMod and ModMii ... sound both rather similar ...
    i think i would only need these to update ios but do i need to do that with that d2x thing ? (never heard of that even thaugh i am "often" on GBATemp XD)

"•grab the latest Nintendo channels"

didn't that work without any extra programm before ?

that Mighty Channels sounds interesting ... with this i can run VC games from sd or hdd ? oO

----------

just found modmii ... so this is pc programm oO k

4. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Modmii is run from your PC and can get all the nessicary files + apps for you. All up to date.
    It'll generate a Tailor made guide for you to follow in the case of a FULL UP TO DATE SOFTMOD.
    The actual softmod is done completely offline from your SD with the collected file youobtained with modmii.
    It's the safest easiest way of modding. If you can read you can do this. Within 10 minutes you'll be done.

So From a Virgin Wii to a Fully Softmodded Wii.
    It's the recommended way of modding.
    Available in English, French, Italian, Dutch.
    In order to play backups from USB or Discs, you'only need a few cIOS installed.
    It WILL NOT mess with the official Nintendo ios, ( wich only need updating if official channels and official disc need them.
    They are NOT needed for backups. Backup loading Solely goed through the Custom IOS's ( cIOS )
    D2x v6 is the best Cios atm, with 99.9% compatiblity.

Dopmii is something completely else.
    It's purpose is to provide tools for the allready sofmodded Wii.
    You can check your internals and update SM and Official channels.
    AND IT IS RUN FROM YOUR WII.

5. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    ModMii will give you all everything you need [​IMG]
    even though your wii has been modded before you can still call her a virgin.

6. kylster

United States
    You either needed to do an official update or a 3rd party program (homebrew or pc app) Using either of the above will eliminate the need for using an official update just to get the latest channels.

yes Mighty Channels is a USB SD emulator [​IMG] with 99% compatibility [​IMG] for the other few games like Lost Winds you can play on SNEEK or UNEEK with or w/o the (+di); +di is disc emulation.

Its true ModMii will give you everything you need but I myself have a Modifed SM so if I ever update the only thing that will get stub'd is IOS249.
    Which is dumped on my SD card.
    This can be accomplished through WiiMod (v2.8=latest) which serves as other purposes like installing all the Wad Files which ModMii creates but ModMii uses MultiModManager which is great I just find WiiMod more flexible with installing WADs from USB or SMB etc. amoung other things. Still these are the 2 best apps to get everything going in my opinion.

7. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    well ok i think my wii is up to date now did everything that modmii programm gave me only thing that won't work is starting that bootmii to make a nand backup which i need for that mighty channels ...

whenever i go to homebrew channel press home and choose bootmii i get black screen and my wii's blue lights go on and off and nothing happens.

Now i only need to see how it works with iso loading from normal hdd ^^
    I just wonder ... i have a FAT32 hdd and modmii even said its recomendet but wasn't there a 4GB limit or do i think of something else oO ?

8. kylster

United States
    There is a 4 GB limit per file. Files can be split and so can games either using CleanRip or your usual USB Loader can rip games and split them properly.

Did you use the hackmiiinstaller .08 to install the latest Bootmii? Also do you have the boot2 exploit or can you only install as an IOS?

9. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    doh ok so i need to split the iso files oO ....

well i had homebrew channel installed already and never installed bootmii thaught because there was the option in homebrew channel that its already installed XD

so i need to install first ?
    on my SD there is hackmii which was put there by modmii but didn't want to install bootmii "extra" after reading i can start it from homebrew.
    I had that bootmii before with boot2 a long time ago and it made my wii do stupid things like crashing or restarting once or twice before starting normaly and such ...

P.S. if i Split the ISO using hjsplit would the loader still recon the game and run it ?

10. kylster

United States
    No, no dont do that kind of split! If your in your usb loader usually pressing (1) will prompt you to rip the game; I mostly use Configurable USB Loader, but there are others like USB Loader GX, WiiFlow considering to be the best 3 out there.

Your usb loader will split the games for you while it's ripping them from your Wii.
    If you have the .ISO on your PC use a program like WiiBackupManager to convert games over to .WBFS extension which is the same as having a full WBFS formatted drive but compatible with FAT32. You can use WiiBackupManager to split games into 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, or infinite size (meaning no file splitting). Files split are shown like TITLE ID.wbfs TITLE ID.002 and etch depeind on how big the game is and what size you chose to split at.

So basicly either use your USB Loader to rip games or if your doing it from a PC end use WiiBackupManager and let them do the spliting for you. Cause HJsplit is something completly different.

I'm not trying to sound confusing but try looking at WiiBackupManager; it can even do drive to drive transfers. Play with it and see [​IMG]

I would try and install bootmii@boot2 again cause it's FULL Brick protection and alot safer then having it insalled as IOS but it does need to be installed befor you can access it from the homebrew channel. Also there is a configurator for BootMii you can grab it off of "The Homebrew Browser" homebrew app. BootMii@boot2 will auto boot to bootmii but you can set it up to goto your system menu after 5 seconds. Note if you cycle through the options it will stop the count down. Also consider installing Priiloader if you havent already. Priiloader and bootmii can co-exist with each other.

I have to goto work will help later if someone has not by then.