Gaming need a new psp

kenio8185

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
honestly, if you want to buy one that already can do that, you're best bet is craigslist. Just search for modded psp or something like that. Try to get an older psp slim. It's the one that looks nicest but is still fairly easy to hack.

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to figure out, how do you know that it's moddable (without a box)? What year did the first "bad" slims start coming out, for example?

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ohoni said:
I've been trying to figure out, how do you know that it's moddable (without a box)? What year did the first "bad" slims start coming out, for example?

Easy ways to find a bad slim:
White Star Wars PSPs are never bad. I believe Silver ones are good too.
Black ones land in a 50/50 chance.

In case of a black one:
Best to buy used from someplace such as GameStop, Game Craze, Game Crazy, or anything that sells used. Ask if you can check the PSP beforehand. If they won't let you, hit them with a golf club because they're bloody morons. When you get your hands on one, go to Settings > System Settings > System Information and check the Firmware version. Anything under 4.00 is good. 4.01 is risky, as the 'Bad' ones came pre-loaded with this.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
daxter bundle slims are hackable (thats what mine is) so are GoW psps, and the aforementioned starwars ones. if you want to be 100% sure, just get a phat

Actually, I recently hit a GoW PSP that rejected my Pandora's Battery. I was going to install CFW on my friend's wife's PSP *mouthful* and all I got was one flash of light and nothing.

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to tell with a "generic" one though? I ask because I was checking on a used one that supposedly came from 2007, and was wondering when the "bad" ones started to crop up. How far back would be a safe bet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls