Need a new Ipod Touch

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I dropped my ipod, and the screen cracked. Fortunately, it seems to be only a cosmetic issue, as the screen still works. However, I recently discovered that sound only comes out of one earbud. At first, I thought that this was due to shitty headphones, but after repeated tests with numerous headphones, they all had the same problem.

So, I need a new ipod touch. I have 2 questions:

1. Does the 8GB 4th gen touch have identical specs to the 32, 64 GB models? I got screwed on the whole, "8GB 3rd gen is not really a 3rd gen" thing, so this time I want to avoid something like that.

2. Is there any possible way (aside from getting a refurbished model, unless you recommend it) to buy one of these things at a discounted price? I've been looking everywhere, but every single retailer has the 8GB for 220, and the 32 GB for 300. Anybody know of any deals/websites where I can get cheaper ones?

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, join the gang! Buying mine tomorrow hopefully.
The 8GB is he same as the 32GB and 64GB except for memory size, the reason it wasn't las generation is because there were (apparently) Some manufacturing problems.
As for the price, the cheapest you'll be able o get them is from ebay.
$220 is 145 pounds, bu they actually cost 190 here so 220 is probably as cheap as you will find
UK Model 8GB = $320
Damn You lucky Americans!

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
I think Amazon has like a $10 discount...?
But I know that 8, 32, and 64 are the same besides GB available, obviously.

Is that it? Nobody knows of online coupons or promo codes? I really don't want to pay full price, as my ipod is still half-functional. The frugal side of me won't let it go.

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DON'T get the 8GB one, it has less ram than the others. Trust me, you'll want that extra ram the other ones provide. I don't think they switched 8GB to 4th gen yet either. Haven't checked up on that, probably should go do that now.

But on the subject of the 8GB one, you really want that extra memory the others provide because it will run out even while only listening to music. It'll just stop abruptly while the music is playing, or worse, lag and freeze, forcing you to restart your iPod.

I know ram probably isn't the correct word I'm looking for, but it still gets the point through. 8GB = bad

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jasonese said:
DON'T get the 8GB one, it has less ram than the others. Trust me, you'll want that extra ram the other ones provide. I don't think they switched 8GB to 4th gen yet either. Haven't checked up on that, probably should go do that now.

But on the subject of the 8GB one, you really want that extra memory the others provide because it will run out even while only listening to music. It'll just stop abruptly while the music is playing, or worse, lag and freeze, forcing you to restart your iPod.

I know ram probably isn't the correct word I'm looking for, but it still gets the point through. 8GB = bad
the 8GB had exactly the same specs as the others, apart from the storage capacity. It has 256mb of RAM just like all the others.

But I haven't heard about any discounts. Maybe you can sell your old one (to some techie who wants to mess with it) and buy the new one.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could get a different brand of MP3 player and hang on to the touch for apps/internet/wutever.
I just cracked my screen as well, but luckily it all works, just looks bad-(ass)
(Well, to some people it looks like a piece of crap, to others it looks cool)
But yeah, that's my suggestion.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Buy the 32 gig for 300 (I just bought a 4th gen 32 GB in Canada for 320, its worth the extra money just for the extra storage) and then sell your still semi-functional ipod on craigslist or somewhere, people will still pay money for a semi-functioning or broken ipod touch. That should give you a discount of around $100.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup +1