Homebrew Need a lot of help with plailect's guide. Please.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The last time I checked the guide around 4-5 months ago,there were 5 sections,nothing called 'files9,2.1ctrtransfer etc.' and a quite long procedure.
Now that I have another 3ds on my hands,and love at stake,I need help deciphering the new guide. The old one was hard enough.
Could anyone please,please highlight the changes between the two,and answer this-
if i got a9lh on my 3ds using the previous guide,how do i make the change from that guide to this guide?
thank you :D

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if i got a9lh on my 3ds using the previous guide,how do i make the change from that guide to this guide?

there is no need to change anything.. if your previous 3ds is already modded, it's done... no need anything more..

the new guide supposedly makes it easier and more friendly for new installs..
if your 3ds is already modded, well, you may want to update the programs but this is not covered on the guide

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
there is no need to change anything.. if your previous 3ds is already modded, it's done... no need anything more..

the new guide supposedly makes it easier and more friendly for new installs..
if your 3ds is already modded, well, you may want to update the programs but this is not covered on the guide
what is files9? what files will i need to replace and update and all?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
The last time I checked the guide around 4-5 months ago,there were 5 sections,nothing called 'files9,2.1ctrtransfer etc.' and a quite long procedure.
Now that I have another 3ds on my hands,and love at stake,I need help deciphering the new guide. The old one was hard enough.
Could anyone please,please highlight the changes between the two,and answer this-
  1. There is no difference between the old guide and the new one in terms of results. Both provide you with arm9loaderhax. The difference is mostly a reduction in time and steps to get it setup.
  2. There is a difference between what you exactly do in the guides, using a new method of downgrading to 2.1, which is known as ctrtransfer, rather than using the somewhat risky (as in, it can cause softbricks) sysupdater.
  3. files9 is the new subfolder in which Decrypt9 stores its game decryption files.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
  1. There is no difference between the old guide and the new one in terms of results. Both provide you with arm9loaderhax. The difference is mostly a reduction in time and steps to get it setup.
  2. There is a difference between what you exactly do in the guides, using a new method of downgrading to 2.1, which is known as ctrtransfer, rather than using the somewhat risky (as in, it can cause softbricks) sysupdater.
  3. files9 is the new subfolder in which Decrypt9 stores its game decryption files.
So all I want to know now is how do I get files9? I want to be up to date with the new guide....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"