Need a little help with neek2o

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Feb 1, 2012.

Feb 1, 2012
  1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Hey guys
    I used ModMii to install required sneek DI files on my SD, it created a japanese Sysmenu, in sd:/nands/pl_jp
    And the follow folder/files:
    sd:/wad/neek2o_channel
    sd:/bootmiineek/armbot.bin
    sd:/sneekbooting.dol
    sd:/sneek/(3 bin files)
    I installed the neek2o channel, but it seems it doesn´t boot nothing, the drive slot start blinking but nothing happens.
    Is my folder structure correct? Di I need rename some files/folders?
    Also it´s possible transfer all those files to USB, and boot from there?
    Totally clueless about nand emu u__u

2. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    someone? u_u

3. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    hey do you have font.bin in the sneek folder?

4. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    Hey
    Yes, that file is in sneek folder.
    After I click start in the neek2o channel appears a box message: Loading please wait, it´s super fast though, only last like 0,5 sec. then the screen goes black, the Wiimote light stop too.NOTE: I installed the channel on real nand, the system menu that ModMii built is 4.3JUsing rev72

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I'm not familiar with using the neek2o channel, so I'm going to assume SD:\bootmiineek\armbot.bin is correct (shouldn't that be armboot.bin?). modmii usually names things correctly, so...

The first time booting takes some time. I'm not sure how long that is, but it's only after 2 minutes I would consider something's wrong (which is rather time-consuming if you're trying things to make it work).

It's certainly NOT possible to move things to USB drive. Remember that screen that told the difference between sneek, uneek, sneek+DI and uneek+DI? Well...the difference between sneek and uneek is that sneek is on SD and uneek on USB. If you want to use your USB drive, use modmii again and choose Uneek (+DI).

Also: are you sure your SD card is formatted as FAT32 with 32k clustersize or lower? Modmii probably warns about this, but if this isn't so, then it'll just blackscreen instead of loading.

Finally: do you mind not bumping your thread after an hour? This is a forum, not a 24/7 support service.

6. airline38

Member airline38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Taiwan
    Put an USB thumb drive then try again.

7. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    Hi, I'm sorry got little frustrated and want to fix this thing quickly >.<
    Ok, let's do this from the ground:
    I just want a japanese Sysmenu, and an internet conection, I don't want sneek to boot games or apps. So while less modifications and apps I need the better.
    I have a 2gb SD free (FAT32/16kb clustersize), so maybe sneek is enough for me, I don't want mess with the files I have in my HDD.
    What's the difference between sneek, sneek+di? I don't know what the "+DI" means.

8. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    sneek has it's nand folders on the sd card
    uneek has it's nand folders on the usb drive.
    di allows to play backup's of games from the usb drive.

The emulated nand of sneek on the sd card and the emulated nand of uneek on the usb drive are identical.
    So, those can be copied from the sd card to the usb drive if you intend to change from sneek to uneek.

Known issues:

To my knowledge, sneek2o + di isn't working. You could try sneek2o without di if you don't want to play game backups.
    rev. 70 - rev.74 contain a bug. I think it got fixed with rev. 75.
    The shopping channel isn't working on a 4.3 system menu when that one is themed.
    If you need 4.3, choose for the same old boring system menu.
    If you tried a couple of times to get a modmii nand running without success, it's better to copy the nand folders back from your pc to the sd card or usb drive.
    Sometimes, if you shutdown in the middle of a first boot, the nand folders can become corrupt.
    If you don't use your own wii's serial to create the setting.txt file for the emulated nand, the ethernet test will probably return a failure. Some people seem to get the shopping channel working that way, but I have no idea how they get past that test. At least make sure the serial you use is possible for the region of your nand, or use the modmii default one.
    A 32Kb cluster size is recommended. Maybe a 16K or 8K cluster size works, but I can't confirm it does. Bigger than 32K surely doesn't work.
    The sneek kernel.bin is different from the sneek + di kernel.bin. Just removing di.bin and font.bin from the sneek folder isn't enough. You will also need to replace the kernel.bin
    The neek2o channel doesn't need the sd bootmii/armboot.bin or bootmiineek/armboot.bin. The file is embedded in the channel launcher.

9. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    It works!!!, it took like 15mins the first boot >.< I almost turn the console off thinking that it hanged.
    Thanks for the steps obcd, it help me to understand everything more clearly.
    I have connection, I used a japanese serial that I found on internet, I can't enter to WiiShop Channel however, not a big deal, I just want download Nintendo Channel.
    With NUS downloader I'm able to inject the channel to the created nand right?

10. obcd

Belgium
    Showmiiwad's / Showmiinand + nus downloader.

11. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    Thanks, I have Nintendo Channel Jap working =)
    Another question, are the sneek generated files attached to a certain NAND? or I can change to a different NAND dump using the same sneek files?

12. obcd

Belgium
    You can switch to a different nand dump.
    If you have the nands in subfolders of the nands folder, you should be able to change it with the neek overlay menu.
    So for sneek, you need sd:/nands/nand1/..... and sd:/nands/nandblabla/......
    If new added nands aren't available in the overlay menu nand selection, delete or rename the sneek/nandcfg.bin file.
    It will be recreated upon the next boot of neek2o.