need a little assistance with my acekard 2i and 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by durpy, Mar 26, 2013.

1. durpy
    OP

durpy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    not sure if this is the proper forum for me to post in since i didn't see a general "help" forum so here it goes...

i have a acekard 2i. i've had it for about 2 years now that i use daily with my ds lite. i bought a used 3ds (with firmware 3.00-4U if it matters) and tried to insert my acekard 2i assuming it would work since it has a compatible with 3DS on the sticker but i see "There is nothing insert into the Game Card slot." i updated to akaio 1.90 and the same thing happened. i tried to use the ak2ifw file but the same thing.

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong or what i haven't done to make it work with it. i considered upgrading the 3ds firmware but i don't want to potentially screw myself over. i tried google but i didn't want to potentially read around through old outdated irrelevant information so i thought i'd post here.

edit: i've successfully updated the firmware on my acekard 2i but my 3ds still won't detect it

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  3. durpy
    OP

durpy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    United States
  4. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Different DS units are shaped differently, this is a common issue with flash carts.

If it was a firmware issue you'd be getting a generic "An error has occurred" message on the 3DS.

5. joepassive

joepassive GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    Iceland
    Acekard 2i got banned pretty badly on one of the last updates, and they cannot update it beyond some point.

6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    They ran out of internal space to store all the data the 3DS wants.

Happens to a lot of carts, just they tend to put out newer models whereas Acekard hasn't.