Hacking Need a GBA Save dump/restore tool

Geek72790

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone point me into the direction of where I can get a tool (If any such tool exists) that can dump and restore saves from GBA games using a Slot-1 Device?
I already have a tool that can dump the ROM and the sav, but no option to restore the save.

I would prefer if it worked with the Pokemon games.

EDIT: Sorry about making another pointless post about somthing that I found the answer to a couple topics down.

Mods can delete this now.

Geek72790

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That GBA dumper is garbage at least the ROM ripper part is, EVERY ROM that I ripped with it won't play in Visualboyadvance, except for only one and it is not a game, it is the Spongebob GBAVideo, but the ROMs that I ripped with GBAldr or whatever it is called, even though I had to manually fix the over dump, but they all worked in Visualboy.

I am gonna try a different GBA emulator now.

EDIT: Only no$GBA will load my Pokemon Sapphire dump, hmmmm......

Well I guess it is safe to say that this tool should only be used for saves as it can only get 2 out of about 10 ROMs that are dumped with it to work

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe you should have had the title changed to gba rom ripper instead of gba save. The old methods work the best since you obviously asked the wrong question hoping for an answer.

you will need a GBA or SP to do any of the old methods, you can use the search to find the topics. you might have to dig through the archives for what you want.

Geek72790

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well My question was answered, it just turned into a discussion about the ROM ripper part of the app not working for certain games.

The only games the backup utility works with that I have tried are.

Pokemon Sapphire (Only works after loading battery file on Visualboy and NO$gba loads it no prob, only Boycottadvance doesn't play it.)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral town (Works on all 3 of the major PC GBA emulators)
Mario Kart Super Circuit (Works on all 3)

those are the Only games I could successfully rip with Rudolphs GBA Backup tool and could get to work in Emulators.

Now Goldensun 1 & 2 both give ROM image has crashed in NO$gba and don't work on the other 2 emulators
same goes for Dr. Mario (Classic NES series, and loads in Visualboy but gives Gamepak error), Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Warioware Twisted don't work AT ALL (It is not like I could play the WW:Twisted on a computer anyway lol)

Now using GBAldr Goldensun 1 & 2 both dumped successfully only NO$gba gave the crashed error when loading Golden Sun 2 and Boycott had audio Issues, and Visualboy ran it slow but with no Audio issues, and did and previous mentioned games that worked with Backup Utility also work with GBAldr.

Kirby plays fine in all 3

HAvn't tried dumping the other cause GBAldr can only dump one game at a time before I have to put the microsd back into the computer cause it names every .gba DUMP.gba

Dr. Mario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off