Need a cheap 3g/4g tablet for pokemon go

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by ShawnTRods, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ShawnTRods
    OP

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Hey :D
    so as the title says. I need a cheap 7inch or less tablet that has 3g/4g capability to play pokemon go :)

I get unlimited data sim allowance and thought I might as well put that sim to use :tpi: everyone in the family including myself already have unlimited data on the phone with 3.

www.amazon.co.uk would be ideal place. But www.ebay.co.uk is ok too :)

(sorry if its the wrong place)

Last edited by ShawnTRods, Jul 23, 2016 - Reason: 7inch or less
  2. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    Look on aliexpress or cect-shop.

Last edited by DarkGabbz, Jul 23, 2016
  3. ShawnTRods
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Never lucky with products on aliexpress. and not willing to spend months to get shit sorted lol.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I bought a cheap ass phone, I know it's not a tablet, but still 4G.
    I am using the LG Optimus Zone 3 for pokemon Go. It's pretty good for a 30$ phone, sporting an ok 1.1 Quad-core and 1.5GB of RAM

5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Use a phone tablets have issues with the game.

6. ShawnTRods
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    I have a decent phone. But I just dont wanna use the S7 too much to play this game lol. It eats up battery like crazy and I have a data sim with unlimited allowance from work. So thought a tablet specifically for couple of games would do.

above :)

edit: and that data sim doesnt work with phones. It will get blocked.

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Fair enough.

8. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well not that you can't use tablets but isn't design for a phone not tablet? I hope tablets now come with the mobile data connections cause your gonna be outta luck using it with only wifi unless you rely on hotspots :P

9. ShawnTRods
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Thats why I am looking for 3g/4g tablets with data sim slot..:tpi:

10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I guess some tablets do have that, I know the Shield tablet has it but is about $300+ for 32GB and mobile data. But for something like this a phone with least able to run 5.0 android is probably good enough. :unsure:

11. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Fair I know a kid with a phone that is 1.3 dual and 1gb of ram who is playing it probably lags but hey

12. ShawnTRods
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Using my phone isnt a problem. I just have a spare data sim that has no use. I thought I would use that to play pokemon go, instead of charging my phone 3 times a day :P

13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  14. raystriker

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    That's where the problem starts, no cheap or expensive tablet has enough juice to play the game all day long. Tablets are bigger hence more power consumption via the screen. And they might not necessarily have larger batteries enough to compensate their size.

If you really want to get rid of the hassle of charging your phone multiple times a day, and want something inexpensive which'll be perfect to solve your problem, I'd have you check out something like this- http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_204428.html

Sure the website and the product itself might seem sketchy, but at the end of the day, it really works; a friend of mine uses the above mentioned phone specially for Pokemon Go. A 10000 Mah battery phone is a monster.
    Alternatively there are a few other options that you can find after a little research.

15. ShawnTRods
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    I have a 22100mAh by anker :P honestly, I was off this week from work. and I had to charge that thing twice and my phone like 10+ times.

my purpose is purely to find a tablet, so I can use my tablet sim. My network(three) blocks the usage of tablet sims on phone and vise versa.

My network(three uk) blocks the usage of tablet sims on phone and vise versa. 10k mAh phone sounds like a dream lol. But not possible for me. And I wont put my phone sim out of the S7 into that :P

16. ShawnTRods
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    London