Need a bit of help with FBI

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mavsynchroid, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    So! I managed to install Emunand on my japanese 3ds! Go me!

However I'm somewhat having trouble with the next step. Here's the piece of the guide I'm following

"Step 1 - Setting up emunand: Just follow the guide here.
    Step 2 - Installing FBI (to be able to install .cia files):
    A.) Launch rxTools.dat by going to launch.rxtools.net in the Internet Browser of your 3DS
    B.) Go to Other Options->Install FBI over Health&Safety App"

The step I'm having trouble with is the A.)/B.) part. I go to launch.rxtools.net, and then launch/boot Rxtools which brings me into my emunand. However since it's a japanese 3ds, I'm not sure where to find "Other options" and where to find "Install FBI over Health&Safety App".

What does it mean by other options? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. kennyhi123

kennyhi123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    ur not suppose to boot into emunand xd. go to rxtool main menu then you will find it.

3. Mavsynchroid
    OP

Mavsynchroid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the response. I just figured out that I"m running an older version of RX tools which didn't even have the "Other Options" menu selection, which is why I couldn't find it.

Is it easy to switch out versions of RXtools? I followed a guide on how to install emuNAND as a whole, so I'm not sure which part pertains only to RX tools. If you have a second, could you give me a quick rundown on what files I'm supposed to switch out and how to do it?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So I downloaded this version of RXtools,

https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases/download/Nightly/rxTools-83afbb6.zip

Do I just copy everything from that "release" folder onto the root of my SD card and just boot up the 3ds and go to the launch.rxtools.net website again? Is it really that easy?

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    How about reading the README.txt files that the builds come with?