Need a better audio editting program

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using Audacity for a while to play about with splicing music but is there any other recommended music editting programs?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tripp said:
Are you talking about splicing loops or whole songs?
To be honest, is there any such a thing as a beginners or idiot proof type? I also want to put in some voices from video games over some music and trying to cut it a specific word from a spoken sentence is challenging since I have the hearing skills of a brick.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Harsky said:
Tripp said:
To be honest, is there any such a thing as a beginners or idiot proof type? I also want to put in some voices from video games over some music and trying to cut it a specific word from a spoken sentence is challenging since I have the hearing skills of a brick.

There are some movie editing programs that can do just that...although if you do want a certain part stripped (like if you want to only have the instrumentals) then I don't know about that.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, is it impossible to remove the singing from a song so you're only left with the background music or am I going to have to hope that they made a instrumental version and it's somewhere on the internet?

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Harsky said:
Tripp said:

To cut something out of a loop or sample you want Propellerheads.ReCycle.v2.1.2 which has been released by Team Air.
biggrin.gif

http://www.propellerheads.se/

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Harsky said:
Actually, is it impossible to remove the singing from a song so you're only left with the background music or am I going to have to hope that they made a instrumental version and it's somewhere on the internet?

There is although I don't know the names. The programs are made for karaoke but, the results are very mixed. You are better off trying to find a premaid karaoke version of the song.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Sony SoundForge 8. Don't search anywhere else.

Harsky said:

You can get the acapella if you have a track and its instrumental. They both have to excellent rips (at least uncompressed wave rips, even a 320kbps mp3 isn't enough) coming from a CD, and there must not be aditionnal mixing to the not instrumental track (for example compressor, EQ, that kind of thing) If you have that, then just mix the two together, perfectly synced, but with one of the track inverted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu