zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well basically our class has just read Market Blues by Kristy Murry and we've got to do a project based on the book. Basically we had to choose from a grid of choices; each choice was assigned a point value according to it's diffuculty, the choices were catergorised by type of work (ie. Mathmatical, visual, individual) and each catergory had a peice of work for 5 points, 10 points, 15 points, 25 points and 30 points.

Basically one of the choices i chose was to create a "3D model of the market and cemetary as described in the book" and since I'm not very 'hands-on' I decided to create the 3D model on the computer with some software. My teacher said it was ok as long as she could 'look around the model'.
closedeyes.gif

But i can't install software on my teachers computer to view the model I would create ^^''

Basically what I'm looking for is some sort of program that can create a 3D 'city' or for what purpose i want to use it for, a market and cemetary... In color would be nice too

I hope it would also be portable so i can just run it off a USB but it's not COMPLETELY needed..

I heard something about 'Blender' but i have no idea how to use it and from the pictures i've seen of it, it looks like it can only create people and stuff..

Please recommend me some software
biggrin.gif

Cheers

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blender is a top flight 3d modelling program and way above what you probably want here not to mention it can be less than fun to learn (while I would argue otherwise when the "worst GUI" question rolls around blender often ranks among those). That is not to say it is not worth learning as having some high end 3d modelling/CAD program under your belt is always worth it. I instead suggest one of the more web oriented things like x3d (what VRML became).

The portable thing makes it a bit tricky as many focus on standalone (as opposed to browser plugin) rather than portable (which usually is taken to mean portable programming library). Pulling apart a few in the last few minutes shows them to do something silly like bury a single pointless (but crash if not present) registry entry and go from there.
None the less http://www.orbisnap.com/download2.html seems to fulfil the critera. Poke around http://www.vrinternal.com/docs/links.html or http://cic.nist.gov/vrml/vbdetect.html too if you want as they have a whole bunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1