Hacking (necro-repost) my DSTWO plus doesn't work at all. could i have some help?

ScottBBWan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ScottBBWan said:
"non-working DSTWO plus, not even showing up on my DS lite"
could i have some help troubleshooting? doesn't show up on my N3DSXL (Luma CFW) either.
formatted a 8GB microSD card as fat32 on kubuntu, and extracted DSTWO_PLUS_v1.14_eng.zip.
i dont know what other information i can really give, but i'd be happy to give it lol

the only thing i can think of what's going on is that maybe the firmware is bricked. if it is, could it possibly be recovered using nds-bootstrap's recovery tools (which i have on my n3dsxl)?
nothing has changed since the last time i talked about this.
i've been having this problem since a bit after i bought the damn thing, it was so long ago that i don't remember much about my actions after getting it.
i believe i only saw it boot one time, and i think i also posted about it here on gbatemp before (on different accounts maybe?).
i really don't want to throw this thing away, they aren't made anymore afaik and it's the seemingly ultimate flashcart.
thanks in advance for trying to help if any of you know anything.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have another system you can try it out on, such as a DS lite maybe? Belonging to someone else? Go to a pawnshop (if you can't find one elsewhere) and try one out (on a ds lite) as if you want to buy it, insert your card and see if it works... I suggest this system because [system] firmware (almost) can't be an issue with this system. I have two original DS two cards and extensive experience with them, but not the DS2 PLUS.
Edit wording

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If it's bricked then there is an unbrick method. Get the latest firmware and rename dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat and place it on the MicroSD. Insert the MicroSD and the cart, turn on the DS and leave it alone for like 20 minutes, to make sure there's plenty of time for the update to complete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr