Hacking Necessary steps to make my CIAs work on plain sysnand?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,445
  • Replies 31
D

Deleted User

OP
I know there's a way to do it. I just can't remember the method... something involving ticket.db...
I read the "What is a legit CIA" sticky, but there was no info about it. Just stuff to do with signatures. (which I'm thinking I have to patch to get them working on plain sysnand).

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very greatful. :)

Thanks.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I know there's a way to do it. I just can't remember the method... something involving ticket.db...
I read the "What is a legit CIA" sticky, but there was no info about it. Just stuff to do with signatures. (which I'm thinking I have to patch to get them working on plain sysnand).

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very greatful. :)

Thanks.
Just install FBI then the legit CIAs in Pasta CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oops, but before that, in Pasta CFW, install FBI with its 3dsx build.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, but let's say I do that, then restart my 3DS. Will I still be able to access the installed app without any patches/hax?
Refreshing my memory, you only need the 3dsx FBI, install legit CIAs with that.

And yes, you'll be able to run them even after a reboot.

D

Deleted User

OP
Refreshing my memory, you only need the 3dsx FBI, install legit CIAs with that.

And yes, you'll be able to run them even after a reboot.
The 3dsx FBI isn't working for me. Not even on emunand. However, I have the CIA version of it.

D

Deleted User

OP
On sysnand, installed or only the file?
Installed onto both nands. I used injected H&S app to install FBI to both nands, but the icons keep disappearing on my home menu. (emunands are now unlinked).

Emunand FBI still works, though.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Installed onto both nands. I used injected H&S app to install FBI to both nands, but the icons keep disappearing on my home menu. (emunands are now unlinked).

Emunand FBI still works, though.
Then just boot Pasta!

D

Deleted User

OP
Then just boot Pasta!
I'll try now!

@SomeGamer

Okay, so I successfully booted into Pasta, and I installed some CIAs using the 3dsx FBI. However, when I rebooted my 3DS, the icons on the home menu aren't there.
Trust me, bro. I think there's a lot more to this than just Pasta CIA installation.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'll try now!

@SomeGamer

Okay, so I successfully booted into Pasta, and I installed some CIAs using the 3dsx FBI. However, when I rebooted my 3DS, the icons on the home menu aren't there.
Trust me, bro. I think there's a lot more to this than just Pasta CIA installation.
Are you sure they're legit CIAs?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
They're installing onto my Emunand, and I didn't get any shit when I installed them just now. So yeah, they're definitely legit.
Well, by "legit CIA", I think he means "legit CIAs", not "CIAs that are not corrupted" :P
If you didn't know, legit CIAs are (iirc) games that originally came on bundle consoles; since they all share the same signature, they can be installed on any console, because there is not any console specific or NNID specific signature. I could be (and I am probably) wrong though.

There are legit CIAs of Mario Kart 7, Majora's Mask 3D and Super Mario 3D land, for example. You won't find many (if any) 3rd party titles as legit CIAs, afaik =p

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must boot a CFW into sysnand with sigs patches to do what you want. Always - who knows what hacks will happen in the future though.

I'd suggest you simply create an emunand and boot that up and modify that nand instead of your sysnand.

D

Deleted User

OP
You must boot a CFW into sysnand with sigs patches to do what you want. Always - who knows what hacks will happen in the future though.

I'd suggest you simply create an emunand and boot that up and modify that nand instead of your sysnand.
That's not what the thread is about though, is it?
I hate it when people don't read.

Guys, is there a way to coldboot CFW on an O3DS, or is it just N3DS exclusive?

Last edited by ,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have 9.2

If you have problems with the browser, try to delete the browserhax .bin on the sdcard, or try out another sdcard that's properly formatted.

//on-topic

I remember a program that can make a "legit" cia from .srl (not nds) files, but I'm not near my computer, so I don't know the name of it.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you have problems with the browser, try to delete the browserhax .bin on the sdcard, or try out another sdcard that's properly formatted.

//on-topic

I remember a program that can make a "legit" cia from .srl (not nds) files, but I'm not near my computer, so I don't know the name of it.
It's nothing to do with the SD card.

Should I try CTR Boot Manager with Ninjhax 2.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended