^^ndstitle-1459^^

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess this is a sequel to Break 'em all?
Actually I think its just the european version of it
happy.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
..copyright infringements

Thats not true because children of mana is named the same...
unsure.gif

No, you don't understand... if you export a product abroad, and someone over there has a name already trademarked, then you can't use that name in that country... that's why you have to change the name ... hence copyright infringement, or should i have said trademark infringement?

Using your example.. Magnetica might be registered somewhere in Europe as a name. Sounds like a toy/gadget to me?!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

unsure.gif

No, you don't understand... if you export a product abroad, and someone over there has a name already trademarked, then you can't use that name in that country... that's why you have to change the name ... hence copyright infringement, or should i have said trademark infringement?

Using your example.. Magnetica might be registered somewhere in Europe as a name. Sounds like a toy/gadget to me?!
True true, remember the Star Fox/Star Wing back in the SNES days? There was a Atari 2600 game called Star Fox and that title was copyrighted in Europe so Nintendo couldn't use it even though the Atari Star Fox never came out. Of course Nintendo manage to resolve that for the GC ...Adventures game.

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

unsure.gif

Oh I gotcha so the psp firmware updates already had that copyrighted in Europe
tongue.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
the text in this version is much better than the US version, though.

US Version said:
Customise your available power ups to break the blocks. When the sides of the lower screen turn green, a power up can be used. Watch out for multi-hit or trap blocks!

European VersionYou, block breaker!! Prepare for challenge with personalised items! If the characters on lower edge of the screen turn green, touch them to activate a Power Up! The different coloured blocks can't be smashed with a single hit or are trap blocks!

see? the american text is boring. the european is excitable!! and poorly translated!!

Spandi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Jan 12 2007, 07:11 AM)]Friggin' Breakout Clones wont even leave me alone on my DS!!! It's 2007 already dammit!Â
wacko.gif

Could you tell me what other Breakout/Arkanoid clones are available on the DS? I tried this one and I guess it's okay...but there must be better ones out there! Any help would be appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol