^^ndstitle-1334^^

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now THIS is what I'm talking about! YES!

More EU localizations should follow PW's example:Â Release the English version first (well this had french too but you get the idea), and THEN worry about all the other languages. Rather than waiting X amount more months holding back the perfectly good English version from Europe until they have 5+ languages in it, meanwhile having another english speaking country across the pond already enjoying the game. That must really piss people off in English-speaking Europe. More games need to do what this did.
I agree with this. And it seems the only reason it had French because it was localised for Canada anyway. When a game only holds one or two languages, I hardly see why the release should be held until there's a translation for the other three/four.

However there was still almost a 6 month gap in between US and UK/France releases. I agree this is better than the 1-year gap between the US release and THIS release, but it's still appalling considering nothing was changed.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the English localization (if I can even technically call it that) in PW2? Should I wait for the U.S. version?

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Wow! This could well be the earliest... dump the NDS scene has ever seen (perhaps not). The official Nintendo site lists this game's release date as January 12.
Link
Then again, they also claim the game has 6 cases...

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Nov 23 2006, 10:20 PM)]How's the English localization (if I can even technically call it that) in PW2? Should I wait for the U.S. version?
Very good. Some hiccups in the spelling of some words but unless you are a total spelling nazi, it shouldn't worry you. In fact, I'm surprised that it's not coming out in the US until next year. I swear the Phoenix Wright game could've gone with just releasing in it's original Japanese version in Japan but I wonder why the extra effort is gone into translating it.

Burbruee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow! This could well be the earliest... dump the NDS scene has ever seen (perhaps not). The official Nintendo site lists this game's release date as January 12.
Link
Then again, they also claim the game has 6 cases...

Gamefaqs actually lists this game as 03/16/07 for EU and 01/16/07 for the US.
wacko.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now THIS is what I'm talking about! YES!

More EU localizations should follow PW's example:  Release the English version first (well this had french too but you get the idea), and THEN worry about all the other languages. Rather than waiting X amount more months holding back the perfectly good English version from Europe until they have 5+ languages in it, meanwhile having another english speaking country across the pond already enjoying the game. That must really piss people off in English-speaking Europe. More games need to do what this did.

I agree with this. And it seems the only reason it had French because it was localised for Canada anyway. When a game only holds one or two languages, I hardly see why the release should be held until there's a translation for the other three/four.

However there was still almost a 6 month gap in between US and UK/France releases. I agree this is better than the 1-year gap between the US release and THIS release, but it's still appalling considering nothing was changed.

Games are not required to be localised for Quebec in Canada. The only requirement for Canada is that the PACKAGING must be displayed in both English & French, which is the reason behind the one-day delay between the US getting a game and Canada getting the same game. These days they just shrinkwrap a DVD case sized manual overtop of the back of the box with the dual-language boxart as the back of the manual and call it a day. I have rarely, if ever, seen a game in French for the Canadian market.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Games are not required to be localised for Quebec in Canada. The only requirement for Canada is that the PACKAGING must be displayed in both English & French, which is the reason behind the one-day delay between the US getting a game and Canada getting the same game. These days they just shrinkwrap a DVD case sized manual overtop of the back of the box with the dual-language boxart as the back of the manual and call it a day. I have rarely, if ever, seen a game in French for the Canadian market.

Yup, only as a option, like almost every Ubisoft game launched in America: English, French and Spanish... just perfect
bow.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

[VAF]Flyper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone downloaded this yet and are the voices hilarious?

Well, for the Spanish voices they just used a couple bloggers who just happened to be living in Tokyo. Sure, you don't need professional voice actors but at least pick voices that fit the characters...
HA HA... OH WOW.

Wow, Spanish translation is far better than I thought...
yaynds.gif

If it wasn't that awful cover, I'd buy it... nah, will buy the american one...

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well here's your first. I doubt there's any way to justify a French translation for the US. What's the second most common language in the US? Surely Spanish?

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Barely any game get a french translation for Canada territories, he's right.

Exceptions I remember of :

-Zelda : Link to the Past got a french version over here over a year after the original.

-Zelda : Link's Awakening received a french version as well, barely a few months after.

-Some games come multi-language, but not many. The ones I remember are mainly olympic games, and one F1 racing game. Translation wasn't that great, but it was there.

And uhm on subject of Phoenix Wright : Wasn't this game released in Europe already? I'm sure I've seen the ROM in the last #300s... Ace Attorney being the first game. The first EU version had french on it, if I remember well, does this one have more languages to make it worth a resale?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?