^^ndstitle-1193^^

Cutman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gintama! Hooray!

I'm not even sure what type of game this is, but I'll have to try it out regardless.

Also, I can't find any images or info about this game! So unless someone find domse proper info before me, I'll write up some info about it, although I have to go to my Sociology class in thirty minutes.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_gintama/

Well, the Anime certainly sounds fun... Samurais living in an age where they're not needed anymore. Now they have to make a living in the modern world while stopping a bunch of aliens.

Haven't watched it, though
tongue.gif

Anyway, it's a Gintama Life Sim game where you accept requests and play mini games to earn money or starve. During the night you can have some "time off" playing some other mini games such as gambling.

CMs here:
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/...ovie/index.html

Well, it got 22/40 (55%) from Famitsu so, not sure what to expect.

Cutman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that info X Comp!

Also, why does GBATemp have the game listed as Gintama DS: Banji Okudai Soudou?

Everywhere else I look it's labeled as Gintama DS: Yorozuya Daisoudou.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, it's not exactly "wrong" but, it's just another way of pronouncing the subtitle. Japanese Kanji has two pronunciations each, an Onyomi/Chinese Reading (???) and a Kunyomi/Japanese Reading (???).

The people that dumped this used the Onyomi way of pronouncing the Kanji.

?? ?? ??
Banji Okudai Soudou

The Kunyomi should be used for the first 3 Kanji instead as shown by the Kana on the official site. They probably didn't notice it when they dumped it.

??? ???
Yorozuya Daisoudou

It does confuse beginners in Japanese at first but, eventually you know what readings should be used and where.

But still... If you're reading this, cheers for the dump, Legacy
yaynds.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I used to read the manga when we were still getting Weekly Jump. One of the better things off WJ I must say, full of stupidity and whatnot. Haven't seen the animation but I bet it's a bitch to fansub if they have to explain everything. Anyway I'm waiting for YesAsia to ship my copy.
biggrin.gif

Hmm, I should make an x_comp style blog for the Jump DS games I have.

Cutman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, from what I've played it's a decent game, nothing special though.

The controls take a bit getting used to. It's kind of like Kirby Canvas Curse. You move the stylus along the screen, and your charatcer will follow that path. It can get annoying at some points though when the screen doesn't scroll when it should.

Combat is pretty simple. You just walk into a monster and you automatically swing your sword at it, killing it.

So, unless you enjoy the series, and can read japanese, I wouldn't bother with this game.

L

lastdual

The anime is extremely heavy on subtle Japanese pop culture references and parodies. Probably why no one stuck with fansubbing it (looks like only the first 4 episodes got done). Even if you don't get everything, it still has plenty of over-the-top humor that is entertaining though, and I love the character designs.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 SD works in Safe Mode.

It's a Gintama Life Sim alright... There's pretty much something for you to do no matter what you touch in the house. Tap the TV to watch some adverts, take the dog out to help it "mark its territory", take out the trash, go shopping for some groceries to fill the fridge etc...

First day you go hunt some monsters, second day you go post some ads around town and third day, you go pull out some grass. The grass one was pretty hilarious because they kept popping out until you pulled the alien out of the soil
laugh.gif

Apart from that, the touch screen controls are a little flaky. Just hope the controls for the upcoming Jajamaru-kun game isn't as bad as this
tongue.gif

I think this got a slightly higher rating than Yuu Yuu in Famitsu because this was a little more original in terms of fun.

I used to read the manga when we were still getting Weekly Jump. One of the better things off WJ I must say, full of stupidity and whatnot. Haven't seen the animation but I bet it's a bitch to fansub if they have to explain everything. Anyway I'm waiting for YesAsia to ship my copy.
biggrin.gif

Hmm, I should make an x_comp style blog for the Jump DS games I have.
Well, all I know is the storyline
laugh.gif
I think Bakaneko's still subbing it and it's going very slowly, 4/24 eps subbed so far.

And yeah, why not start a blog? There's a blog for just about everything now and they're free to setup
biggrin.gif

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well, it's not exactly "wrong" but, it's just another way of pronouncing the subtitle. Japanese Kanji has two pronunciations each, an Onyomi/Chinese Reading (???) and a Kunyomi/Japanese Reading (???).

The people that dumped this used the Onyomi way of pronouncing the Kanji.

?? ?? ??
Banji Okudai Soudou

The Kunyomi should be used for the first 3 Kanji instead as shown by the Kana on the official site. They probably didn't notice it when they dumped it.

??? ???
Yorozuya Daisoudou

It does confuse beginners in Japanese at first but, eventually you know what readings should be used and where.

But still... If you're reading this, cheers for the dump, Legacy
yaynds.gif

there are thousands of use of ons or kuns that are not regular in japanese. it's not really a rule, it's *usually* like that.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there are thousands of use of ons or kuns that are not regular in japanese. it's not really a rule, it's *usually* like that.
Never said there was a rule. You're right there's no strict rule because it can change and that's one of the hard things about Japanese but in this case, it's official so you could say it's "wrong". The Kana's right there in the logo, so you would be wrong to come up with your own pronunciatation just like pronouncing a name.

Say you were speaking a foreign language with some native friends. You pronounce something wrong and they correct you. That's all it is. If you went around in the Anime community talking about Banji Okudai they wouldn't know what you're talking about because you're not using the standard pronunciation.

It would be the same if say, you had a foreign name and there's only one standard way to pronounce it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: From what people say pvp isn't even worth it