^^ndstitle-1192^^

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://xcomp.gamebrink.com/?p=268

Yay, Poltergeist Report! I used to wait until late night before this was shown on TV
laugh.gif

So I wonder if the RPG's any good.

AlexFili

Trophies
Website
alexfili.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Although it reminds me of legacy of goku, its actually a lot better then it. The multiple characters seem good, and the story is told in a good way.

Also, there seems to be a multiplayer feature (possibly co-op?)

Yeah this game is really good. Its about time nintendo had another yuyu game
smile.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 SD works on 4x DMA, Trim ROM although I'm having that touch screen problem with ROMs again.

Famitsu gave this 18/40 (45%). It's not a bad action RPG and follows the story of the Anime. Button controlled beat up the monsters gameplay then a bit of mini game. Like Alex says, it feels kind of like Legacy of Goku... Not really a game I'd buy for my collection even though I enjoyed the Anime.

2x_comp: RPG? "Action"?
smile.gif
That should answer your question
tongue.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Gah. They should have made it like those 2 SFC animation-fighting ones where press buttons (PRESS BUTAN!) and see the character do the move or something. We played the shit out of those during gradeschool. Egh, hard to explain if you've never played them. It would have been awesome on the DS.
ohmy.gif
(If you're still curious try searching for Yuu Yuu Tokubetuhen for the SNES/SFC)

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gah. They should have made it like those 2 SFC animation-fighting ones where press buttons (PRESS BUTAN!) and see the character do the move or something. We played the shit out of those during gradeschool. Egh, hard to explain if you've never played them. It would have been awesome on the DS.
ohmy.gif
(If you're still curious try searching for Yuu Yuu Tokubetuhen for the SNES/SFC)

As my childhood favorite anime, I know exactly which game you mean. In fact, there are 4 YYH games and YYH 1 and 3 are as you described, 2 and 4 are straight fighting games. Great games, I'm gonna have to wait for a english release (if ever) on this one.

GodMedia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif

I played the heck out of those too. I was really hoping that this would be something like that too.

Here I thought I was the only one who remembered those. They were really fun, but definitely obscure.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
?! When the hell did Yu Yu Hakusho get shown on UK TV?! I've been looking out for it for years!
frown.gif
Well, it wasn't here I saw it. I saw it during one of my trips overseas so I never managed to watch the whole series late night. Eventually I bought the whole VCD set and watched that instead
biggrin.gif

You used to be able to watch the show on Cartoon Network though I think...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SNES RPG style fighting games, animation/action, whatever you call em. They were just plain fun :3
Its a shame that no ones tried to remake or port them.
Was hoping for a port on the GBA when Yu Yu Hakusho got popular enough and all.
Instead we got those crappy cheap ass Atari games that werent even playable. Well, cept maybe the tactics one, but that one didnt really stand out enough. Playable, but not really fun or interesting enough.

Im waiting for a good SNES emulator so I can play the SNES Yu Yu hakusho on the go
tongue.gif

As for this game, is it all 2D RPG style?
And the fights dont take place in a fight mode?
Like legacy of goku where you just run around hitting stuff and mashing buttons to keep the enemy from running into you and killing you.
I really hated how the Legacy of Goku games were. Just so darn cheap feeling.

Im looking forward to this game once I get a flash card so I can try it out.
Might consider buying it if it comes at a good price.

Is the title screen theme song all intact?
Is it the REAL song or just a midi version of it like all the others.
I really like the intro and outro songs in Yu yu hakusho :3 Good music
happy.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
agreed, all were great, hoenmi no bakudan will go down in history as a classic...I remember when I was young and all into this series and that time everyone was all over Evangelion (when anime wasn't really huge in the US)...my how times have changed and now everyone knows what YYH is. Maybe all the collectors junk I have from the past may have value now, like eizou hakusho etc.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As for this game, is it all 2D RPG style?
And the fights dont take place in a fight mode?
Like legacy of goku where you just run around hitting stuff and mashing buttons to keep the enemy from running into you and killing you.
I really hated how the Legacy of Goku games were. Just so darn cheap feeling.

Im looking forward to this game once I get a flash card so I can try it out.
Might consider buying it if it comes at a good price.

Is the title screen theme song all intact?
Is it the REAL song or just a midi version of it like all the others.
I really like the intro and outro songs in Yu yu hakusho :3 Good music
happy.gif

Yup, it's just like Legacy of Goku sort of. There are a few mini games to play here and there that make use of the touch screen. It still feels lacking somehow... It's not too bad.

I recognise no familiar music from the Anime but there are scenes such as when Yuusuke dives out to save the boy.

agreed, all were great, hoenmi no bakudan will go down in history as a classic...I remember when I was young and all into this series and that time everyone was all over Evangelion (when anime wasn't really huge in the US)...my how times have changed and now everyone knows what YYH is. Maybe all the collectors junk I have from the past may have value now, like eizou hakusho etc.

You're right. It's all thanks to broadband that people can have a much wider choice in entertainment these days. I remember when I had to spend a few days leaving my dialup connection on to download a 20MB Realmedia Anime episode of "Oh My Goddess"! Even then I had to find a good server
laugh.gif

And yes, all the soundtracks were great! Hohoemi no Bakudan, Daydream Generation, Sayonara Bye Bye, Homework ga Owaranai, Taiyou ga Mata Kagayaku Toki... Brilliant tunes. Too bad you can't get the soundtracks now or I would get a copy. Brand new that is
tongue.gif

QUOTE(DeMoNSTaR @ Sep 21 2006, 12:19 AM)If you want to watch Yu Yu Hakusho, then go to youtube, it has all the episodes, load time is really fast, and the quality is good too.Â
grog.gif

This guy (or girl) has most of the episodes and is the only user who has the shows without breaking them into 2 parts.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=animalyou
Yeah, Youtube's practically an online on demand video library for everyone now. Glad the copyright holders haven't managed to shut them down
tongue.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heh, if you want a soundtrack brand new, I might be able to oblige, I actually bought every single album released for YYH when I was in high school, now it sits there collecting dust @ my parent's house....I really have to ebay some of this. =P

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The series is practically rerun here for every generation lol... so everyone here knows what it is. People would talk about it in school... when I was in grade school, high school and afaik it's still airing here somewhere.

I was one of the more fortunate kids with my parents working overseas and my godfather working in Japan so I was spoiled with videogames and Japanese crap. So I have the series on Laserdisc (LOL, but obviously can't watch them anymore, though the covers are awesome art) and the video games. I still have 3 of the SNES games intact (YuuYuu 1, Tokubetsu Hen and FINAL which is a fighter one.) and 2 Gameboy ones (the fighter set in the tournament and the other in Sensui's arc).

I now wish I took better care of my stuff as all that's left of the GB games are the carts AND I wish I was really more into anime in general so I could have gotten the artbooks/soundtracks... so I can eBay them too lol.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heh, got the series in Laserdisc as well, all 4 useless big boxes. The sleeves were pretty though. And I think I have the original VHS as well from studio pierrot and all the original super famicom games and baotloads of other crap....(keychains, cards, fans, you name it). Also have 3 sets of the comic book of which 2 of them are new (1 set in chinese, 1 set in Japanese) and 1 set is used which I read (used set in chinese). I don't know what I'm going to do with them now.....I wouldn't want to sell them for nothing, least they're worth something to me....if nothing more than a childhood memory.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
heh, got the series in Laserdisc as well, all 4 useless big boxes. The sleeves were pretty though. And I think I have the original VHS as well from studio pierrot and all the original super famicom games and baotloads of other crap....(keychains, cards, fans, you name it). Also have 3 sets of the comic book of which 2 of them are new (1 set in chinese, 1 set in Japanese) and 1 set is used which I read (used set in chinese). I don't know what I'm going to do with them now.....I wouldn't want to sell them for nothing, least they're worth something to me....if nothing more than a childhood memory.

lol I guess you were really into it. When they first aired it here (1992 or 93I think since I was Grade 2), people just regarded anime as regular cartoons so I was a fan but didn't really bother into collecting stuff. I knew shit about manga too since I couldn't read Japanese then but we had craploads of them of random series. They're all in manga heaven now though since afaik some of them were burnt to be disposed or sold to classmates (the ones with ecchi).

Oh and the Laserdisc sleeves are the reason I kept them, I only saw (saved!) them again when we were gonna throw out and sell some of our old stuff. Goodthing I was at home at the time or some lucky SOB was getting them for dirt cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: