OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Too late, I imported it half a year ago.
dry.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
42€ here in france. It's scandalous price-gouging. I'd buy it once I saw it in the used shelf, but since that wouldn't make any money for Nintendo anyway, I'll just stick with the US rom... Bam, another sale lost because it's twice the price I'd have paid for.

WAKE THE FUCK UP, NINTENDO OF EUROPE!

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha, I was about to say the very same thing... bleh if this was like £10-15 I'd probably pass on it, but to sell it at full retail price (£29.99) is kinda crazy, but then the £29.99 RRP of DS games over here is a joke anyways, same price as console releases. Not to mention as you can see release dates are totally behind the US, nothing unusual there then. >_>

Why the heck is this out and not say Band Bros.?

blink.gif

D

Deleted User

yes, EUR 39.99 in germany, that's way too much! saw it on my store tour yesterday ...
tongue.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's almost like they WANT it to fail.

Here in Canada, at first you could only buy it online through Nintendo's store - it was only later that shops started to carry it. The price is so high, it looks like they'll go back and say 'well, looks like there's no demand for this type of unique/quirky title here', and then we won't get anything interesting localized.

*sigh*

Wake up indeed, Nintendo in all regions!

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Woah, if I find DS games for 40 bucks.. I'm happy. :/

They're all like 50 Euro here, some 45...
frown.gif

BTW, isn't it the stores that can raise the prices? I remember to read that somewhere in a magazine, Nintendo sells them at a price, but the stores almost always raise the price on the games.
mad.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really. I used to work in the games industry, and there is a VERY small (we're talking $1-$2) markup on the games. It's the used games/trade ins that bring profit to a store, not first-run new releases.
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Sc4rFac3d that is called buisness. The shops have costs to cover and the fact that Europe has nice high sales tax (17.5% for me here vs the couple of % that the US pays) has many languages (not that big of an issue but it still is one) and is a more niche market than the US or Asia means us here in Europe will always pay through the nose: it is often cheaper for me to import DVD's from the US than it is to buy them in Europe, not to mention the better features quality and oh yeah the fact that I can get them months in advance... that is a different rant though.

Also @the GBAtemp Magazine staff is there a contest between you all as to who can produce the most laughable genre.

*cue attempt to get the thread back on track:
electroplankton: I saw it last year at E3 and laughed then, played a Japanese copy and laughed then, nothing has changed now.

Also they want a "game" like this to sell for that kind of price and they do not include a save.

*attempt to stop thread being derailed further fails and leaves me hanging off a cliff with the knowledge that I will land in dog crap when I let go.

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
I played the US version upon its release... for 5 minutes. I think this software is more of a tech demo than a game. Not only that, I found it unbeleivably dull and boring. Add the standard game price tag to the recipe and you've got a loser for sure.

My 2 cents...

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually bought this on launch day for $50 CAD.

I traded it in about a week later to Blockbuster for $35.

It put a smile on my face when I first played it, but it was just to limited to be really fun as a game.

Nice piece of "digital art" though.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also @the GBAtemp Magazine staff is there a contest between you all as to who can produce the most laughable genre.
Ahahaha!
biggrin.gif

But no, seriously, this is the "genre" that Nintendo themselves have given this game.

I didn't think a single game deserved its own genre. Ha!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol