^^ndstitle-0875^^

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, wonder if there are any differences besides text.
wink2.gif

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So Taito picked up the game after Majesco filed for bankruptcy? Cool. I like Taito (not for their recent Bubble Bobble work though...).

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dang, it sure took its sweet time for this game to make it to Japan
blink.gif
Finally they too get to experience some cool visual effects in this descent shooter!

Ownko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.atomix.vg
XP
Country
Mexico
This reminds me of the confusing stuff with Saishu/Saisyu Kusanagi from the KOF series, or Sho/Syo Kirishima.

Anyone knows what does Dansh... Dansyaku means?

nixpins

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me of the confusing stuff with Saishu/Saisyu Kusanagi from the KOF series, or Sho/Syo Kirishima.

Anyone knows what does Dansh... Dansyaku means?

My dictionary says that ? (dan) means projectile, or more likely bullet in this case, while ???shaku) indicates a rank of nobility, with it being used in compound words meaning baron, earl, etc. So, what the actual title means....is kind of a mystery to me. Yeah. Damn Taito and their confusing compound words! Any other Japano-linguists have some insight into this?

And regarding the whole sya/sha thing, that's mostly an issue of different romanization systems (which is also how you end up with tsu/tu and shi/si). For all intents and purposes, the syllables are completely equivalent, except for cases like this, where the developers have given a romanized version of the game's name (as seen in the background on the box cover), in which case it is considered to be the official romanized name.

Ownko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.atomix.vg
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to revive this topic but i just recently found out that the control scheme is better in the japanese version, you can switch weapons using the X button now.
smile.gif

Just wanted to let you know.

uly

Trophies
XP
Country
My dictionary says that ? (dan) means projectile, or more likely bullet in this case, while ???shaku) indicates a rank of nobility, with it being used in compound words meaning baron, earl, etc. So, what the actual title means....is kind of a mystery to me. Yeah. Damn Taito and their confusing compound words! Any other Japano-linguists have some insight into this?
Yeah, you almost got it. The Japanese word for "baron" is "danshaku", so this is a homophone play on words. You can translate it roughly as "Bullet Baron" or something.
And yeah, sya and sha are the same thing. "Sha" is the more widely used romanization nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome