^^ndstitle-0872^^

NeoShweaty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 'beetle battling game' is a cabinet machine in Japan where kids toss in there card which they have to add money too, press a button real fast to beat the opponent beetle. Its a single player game that is massive in Japan. SEGA have been raking in cash with the franchise.
Recently another company (forget who) tried to release a similar machine only using dinosaurs instead of beetles. After SEGA threatened a law suit it was quickly removed.
you dont really need to button mash. I realized this after playing the exact same game dbz style. They are pretty addicting and some kids had sooooooo many of those cards. Its just a computerized game of rock, paper, scissors

jirom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now we have a use for those DS codes that the Gamecube version gave out.

Mind tellin us what those codes are?
biggrin.gif

Shiroi Kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damnit... I was hoping it wasn't going to be this big so I could use my 512 EZflash 2....

Why the hell is a 2d fighter this big? Are there big movie files or something? I really hope they can strip the game to fit on 512 mb carts...

Dhaos033

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody else's DS get frozen when they try to configure the WiFi connection?

My FC is 124618153353 if anyone wants to play. I get too much lag with the Japanese
wacko.gif

Ranma13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly, I find the game very underwhelming. Slow combat (battles take around 5 minutes, sheesh!), a combo system that doesn't feel smooth, and bland character moves (most specials are absolutely useless) make this a very mediocre game.

WFC with Japanese people lag like crazy for me too. My friend code is 408086059117. Contact me on AIM using FinalRanma or MSN using [email protected] if you wanna play.

Ranma13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, one thing to keep in mind is that I'm not a big fan of Treasure games. Gunstar Heroes for Genesis was fun but the GBA remake fills the screen with so many explosions that it's hard to see anything else. I didn't like Ikaruga because I like danmaku shmups better. Astro Boy: Omega Factor is pretty fun but it has its downpoints. Bleach DS at least feels like a Treasure game, but it doesn't feel like a fighting game. Imagine Gunstar heroes/Astro Boy, except you only fight one opponent with too much life. That pretty much sums up the feeling.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
On M3 I play using firmware 15 and game manger 3.0, works fine. have tor reflash all ur other games though..

Do savegames from previous game managers work after upgrading to 3.0?

I'll probably reflash my M3 this weekend.

Yes but make sure you back them up to PC then just send back and overwrite afterwords.

[-EDIT-]

Anyone worked out how to progress in story mode yet? I keep fighting the same guys over and over going back from level 5A back to 2 and vice versa. Is there certain battle conditions to advance? Or maybe a certain card has to be used or super finishing move or something??

Ranma13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I play this game, the more I dislike it. I've been playing a lot over WFC and everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, uses either Ichigo or that girl that's too short to hit using high attacks. Whenever they use Ichigo, they use that stupidly powerful super that turns Ichigo into some sort of 'super' version of himself that receives no knockback from attacks and attacks incredibly fast and hard. The only thing you can do is block and you can't even use back block because it's really iffy (sometimes I'll be holding back when I'm GETTING UP and I still get hit) so you have to resort to using R to block. Oh, and the worst part is that the special lasts nearly 30 seconds.

And as for the short girl, it's always the same stupid combo, kick down 4 times, launcher, 2 weak hits in air to fireball dash forward. Every time. Plus, when you launch her, she doesn't fly nearly as high up in the air (unless she's already airborne) as other characters do so air combos are out.

I use Orohime, definitely not one of the stronger fighters in the cast and I find it incredibly hard (though possible) to beat my opponents, not because I suck at playing, but because I'm either blocking an overpowered super or resorting to much weaker attacks just so I can HIT my opponent. I know it's fun to win and all, but I've played quite a few fighting games in my time and I've never seen anything so absurd as this. People play these 2 characters like there's no other characters in Bleach but them.

The fighting system itself is pretty mediocre too. No OTGs or long string of combos. The only time you'll see a combo larger than, say, 7-8 hits is when one attack does multiple hits. You really can't chain any attacks together because once you do some sort of special attack (special, not super), the opponent is unattackable until they fall to the ground and get up again. Usual fighting game mechanics is that if the opponent hasn't started falling yet, you can still follow up an attack midair, but Bleach DS has none of that, it's just attack with a special move and then you can't follow it up at all.

There's also a lot of other minor details with the fighting system (such as how some moves are absolutely useless or push you back too far to be useful, and how air dashes are completely useless for advancing quickly due to the lag before the actual dash comes out) but I won't go into detail about those. Needless to say, this game is way too overhyped and would only garnish maybe a 5.5/10 from me.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you even seen the show?

The "super" you're refering to is called "Bankai" almost all the characters have a Bankai mode (I'm not sure about the others but in the Gamecube version, the ones without Bankai were given their own 'super' moves, even Orihime).

The short girl I assume is probably Rukia or Hinamori.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On M3 I play using firmware 15 and game manger 3.0, works fine. have tor reflash all ur other games though..

Do savegames from previous game managers work after upgrading to 3.0?

I'll probably reflash my M3 this weekend.

Yes but make sure you back them up to PC then just send back and overwrite afterwords.

[-EDIT-]

Anyone worked out how to progress in story mode yet? I keep fighting the same guys over and over going back from level 5A back to 2 and vice versa. Is there certain battle conditions to advance? Or maybe a certain card has to be used or super finishing move or something??

I believe this thread at Gamefaqs has some info about stage advancing:
This topic

Hope it helps!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I saw a guy on posting the other day he wants to translate a DS game, well this is the perfect start IMO.
I've been using the no dash/full special gauage on every fight to try and progress through story mode, furthest I can get to is 5A with the old guy and fire in the background, I kick shit out of him then it goes back to Lv2 GRRRR someone needs an indepth faq for this for battle conditions for EACH Lv/Fight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: