I sense an aura of online awesome-ness.
bow.gif

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Definately going to give this a try soon, I assume it requires a good knowledge of Japanese though which must be a concern for some people, I'll report back!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before anyone gets their hopes up -- According to some, there is no MMORPG aspects to the game... The most you can do is have a 1-on-1 dual online.

Apparently the online play is quite limited.

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get a onlinematch and the game is more of a Stratergy game then a traditional RPG. You get a small army of dragons, Faires, Mushrooms etc and a Wizard. The objective is to get hold of the three stones that are in the area using your soldiers. Of course the enemy wants to do the same. The twist is that you can cast spells with your mage if you press the L button and scribble a certain symbol. The better you write the symbol, the better the effect of the spell. And it seems that you are limited to 1-on-1 fights. Nevertheless, it should be fun if it ever gets translated.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I haven't played it WiFi yet but the single player is great.
It's certainly different to anything else Taito produced in the past.
Also i cant see people having that many problems if they cant read japanese, the gameplay is pretty simple.

love the box art
wub.gif

NoSoulX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Apparently the US release is estimated to be next month, February. At the moment the rumors flying around the release date are not much. Hope that the updates come soon on the release days.

slightlyaskew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I just took a look at it. My Japanese is non-existant, yet I think I can still play the game ok. Obviously I have no idea on the story, but the gameplay seems quite good...

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't mind always picking the top option, it's perfectly playalbe with no Japanese knowledge, so far. My only complaint is that I can't find out how to melee attack.

Standing next to someone, then having to go to the touch screen menu while they're smacking you is retarded.
huh.gif
\

edit: Nevermind.

You get little buddy monsters that you can control who can only melee attack.

I'm still playing it, so I assume that means it's a good game. Reminds me a bit of FFTactics, but in real-time. Maybe it's just the blonde kid. That you in there, Ramza?
wink2.gif

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Bi99uy how does online work? do you need someone elses friendcode or will it randomly match you up? because i'm having no luck trying to find an opponent...

I don't think the game is officially released until the 19th so thats probably why your having problems finding players.

And im pretty sure theres 2 search options, one for friends and one for random players.

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
Bi99uy how does online work? do you need someone elses friendcode or will it randomly match you up? because i'm having no luck trying to find an opponent...

It´s possible to find a random person and have a little fight. You will see on the topscreen when there are players online, as it lists their names. Just pick the top option everytime and you should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb