So do we need this U version?
unsure.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I "played" the Japanese version, made a bunch of obscene faces, then turned off my DS...

Had more fun with a Kazoo...
Oh man, I can't wait for the sequel for Kazoo. Kazoo 2: Hard Revenge will be the BEST THING EVER. I even pre-ordered it and am going to the midnight launch. Seriously is Electroplankton essentially like Rez where it uses, "edgy nu-music" to sell it and the visuals make an acid trip seem plain?

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if the US version comes with headphones and a funky box like the Japanese version?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why couldnt they jsut adda piano or an actual instrument!
Cant play zelda tunes without actually knowing what notes your hitting, unless you have a good ear though xD

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It said in one of Nintendo's e-mail newsletters that this game is exclusively available in the online store. Did someone really order it online just to dump the game? Grog for the guy who did so.
grog.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The game is wacky, no doubt about it. I'm thinking that when Nintendo designed this game they were on the same crack as when they designed their GBA SP and decided not to include a headphone jack
happy.gif

Anyway, I've got a couple of Electroplankton favourites which makes this game worth my time: Lumiloop, Beatnes and Volvoice are all cool and deserve a second chance before you dismiss this game.

I'd never waste my money on it though - I agree with Dogg Thang, it should've come free.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it for free from a friend on the advanced media network boards I admin. Came today, and it's the Japanese one. Aside from the descriptions of the creatures it's all in english not that it would matter regardless.

Yes it's very tech demolike, but it's just a piece of creativity you can mess with for a few minutes every day or few days and just make something entirely new every time as it's never the same twice. A few of the creatures even have some extra crap you can do as a bit of a challenge like the hanenbow with their launcher and bounding off leaves, if done right all go red and can sprout a flower. That is a game in itself kind of like gorillas from old dos or scorched earth without the death (playing with angles and projectiles.)

Oh and since it was asked the US ver is game alone in box, no wider shiny cardboard box and no cheap earphones.

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what's the matter with all of u guys? Electroplankton is a really good piece of "software art".
it never was declared as a game with longtime fun potential. besides, Electroplankton was created by only ONE person. Toshio Iwai.
i got the japanese version from playasia.com since it was released, it's a brilliant combination of making sound and showing the planktons, all in a kind of psychedelic way.

well, electroplankton is one of those titles who will be completely LOVED or HATED. i love it
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup