So do we need this U version?
unsure.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I "played" the Japanese version, made a bunch of obscene faces, then turned off my DS...

Had more fun with a Kazoo...
Oh man, I can't wait for the sequel for Kazoo. Kazoo 2: Hard Revenge will be the BEST THING EVER. I even pre-ordered it and am going to the midnight launch. Seriously is Electroplankton essentially like Rez where it uses, "edgy nu-music" to sell it and the visuals make an acid trip seem plain?

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if the US version comes with headphones and a funky box like the Japanese version?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why couldnt they jsut adda piano or an actual instrument!
Cant play zelda tunes without actually knowing what notes your hitting, unless you have a good ear though xD

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It said in one of Nintendo's e-mail newsletters that this game is exclusively available in the online store. Did someone really order it online just to dump the game? Grog for the guy who did so.
grog.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The game is wacky, no doubt about it. I'm thinking that when Nintendo designed this game they were on the same crack as when they designed their GBA SP and decided not to include a headphone jack
happy.gif

Anyway, I've got a couple of Electroplankton favourites which makes this game worth my time: Lumiloop, Beatnes and Volvoice are all cool and deserve a second chance before you dismiss this game.

I'd never waste my money on it though - I agree with Dogg Thang, it should've come free.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it for free from a friend on the advanced media network boards I admin. Came today, and it's the Japanese one. Aside from the descriptions of the creatures it's all in english not that it would matter regardless.

Yes it's very tech demolike, but it's just a piece of creativity you can mess with for a few minutes every day or few days and just make something entirely new every time as it's never the same twice. A few of the creatures even have some extra crap you can do as a bit of a challenge like the hanenbow with their launcher and bounding off leaves, if done right all go red and can sprout a flower. That is a game in itself kind of like gorillas from old dos or scorched earth without the death (playing with angles and projectiles.)

Oh and since it was asked the US ver is game alone in box, no wider shiny cardboard box and no cheap earphones.

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what's the matter with all of u guys? Electroplankton is a really good piece of "software art".
it never was declared as a game with longtime fun potential. besides, Electroplankton was created by only ONE person. Toshio Iwai.
i got the japanese version from playasia.com since it was released, it's a brilliant combination of making sound and showing the planktons, all in a kind of psychedelic way.

well, electroplankton is one of those titles who will be completely LOVED or HATED. i love it
yaynds.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    do you look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    why do your friends look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
    they dont it's just that they saw the outside of my mouse and said it was disgusting
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    oh wait I understand my braincells have increased
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    by 1
    Gift
    funnily enough when i was telling my openly femboy furry bf and my friend(we talk about femboys sometimes) they said "nope we don't wanna hear that that's disgusting"
    Gift
    why is cheeto dust of all things
    the subject that crosses the line
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
    i dont think it does
    Gift
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
    J @ Jephter: Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but...