cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My neice has the navy blue ds phat, and had it in her purse without any game inserted. Well she had metal in her purse aka pennies. When I removed her ds to play it there was a penny in the ds slot and a penny in the gba slot. Both were stuck in there pretty good, but I got them out. However now the ds don't turn on anymore. And when I plug in the charger, the charging led comes on for like .5secs then goes off. The ds still won't turn on while plugged. Did the pennies somehow short the ds even though it was never turned on while the pennies where there? What do I have to do to fix it should I send it back to nintendo? If so how do I go about doing so? BTW this ds was not flashed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check the pins are not bent and shorting one another out as the DS slot pins bend from the slightest of touches (personal experience here).
When bending them back take the case off and be careful as they fatigue very quickly (personal experience again here).

Of course it could be something more serious like a blown fuse which will not be that hard to replace but still it is not for those without a reasonable level of ability and confidence.

Nintendo will charge you nicely for you sending your DS in for repairs, you can get contact details from their site and the booklets they have distroed with every game since the NES.
Are you sure you can not pull a fast one (busy period, preferably at shift changeover etc) with the seller of the DS as that would ultimately be cheaper and easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh