Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I had to get a new NDS since the old one if about to die ( well... more or less did already what goes for the GPU ). So I got an NDSLite since you can't get the good old NDSFat anymore ( sigh ). Anyways I want to use my old equipment ( a SuperCard SD ). Hence I wanted to flash this puppy as I did back then. Did all the required things like plugging the SuperPass+MetroidDemo into Slot1 and the SuperCard SD with an cleaned SD with only "flashme.nds" in the root. When I boot up I get two white screens and nothing works anymore. If I use the MetroidDemo itself it works. If I use the SuperCard itself I get the SC Menu but as soon as I use the pass device I get two white screens.

Any ideas what's going wrong? Need anything new/special?

Dragonlord

OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't have one at hand right now. Any way to get it done with what I have?

By the way, I made the firmware check: 2 magenta screens. Therefore it's "v5: two magenta screens". Does this mean I have troubles with the SuperPass due to this? Do I need a different way to get it done then?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dragonlord said:
By the way, I made the firmware check: 2 magenta screens. Therefore it's "v5: two magenta screens". Does this mean I have troubles with the SuperPass due to this? Do I need a different way to get it done then?
If you have v4-6 (which is the DS Lite firmware) you can't use the PassMe anymore. You will need a PassMe2 or NoPass. I think the SuperPass is a PassMe1, so that explains the problem.

Your only options are getting a Slot-1 flashcart or getting a NoPass or PassMe2. But the upgrade to a Slot-1 cart should be worth the money; you can get the DSTT for only 7 dollars!

You could also borrow a NoPass, PassMe2 or Slot-1 cart from someone, just to boot your SuperCard once and flash your DS Lite. After that, it will work fine.

Dragonlord

OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
According to the SuperCard website the SuperPass I have is version 2 ( as it ships with a programmer unit ). Strange is though their note on the page:
QUOTE said:
If you are using a new version NDS, you need to update the firmware of SuperPass 2 Key. Simplely, different Original NDS cart need to work with different SuperPass 2 Key firmware.
So if I get this correctly I need to reprogram the SuperPass to work with the new version? I looked already at their page but their English is rather "meh" and I don't get what one is supposed to do to get this done. Anybody did such a reprogram already?

Jon eBegood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.skynet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You have to reprogram the superpass to make it work with your metroid prime demo...
If i remember correctly Metroid prime demo is not suported by the superpass program.

You will find a tuto here but it's in french (maybe not a problem to you seeing you live in switzerland)

http://www.supercard-france.info/index.php...&Itemid=142

Dragonlord

OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
No problem with the language. I checked out the app and tried to program but since there's no MP-Demo I tried MP knowingly that this is most probably not going to work... as it did. So the SuperPass is not rewritten but no more working at all. Looks like a dead-end since the SuperCard team also does not support this software nor the key anymore.

So then, let's see where to go from here. I read on their website about something called "SuperKey" which as they say is a NoPass derivate. Would this work for flashing the DSLite? Any other ideas what I could try?

EDIT: I want:
1) Use NDS
2) Use GBA
3) Use DSLinux
4) Use Homebrew
5) Hack it myself

As far as I know Slot-1 can't do this, right?

Dragonlord

OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I could get my hand on a SuperKey around here in a matter of days for 29.- ... all Slot-1 solutions would set me back 79.- upwards. Any good reason why I should shell out more for a Slot-1 for only hosting NDS games instead of a SuperKey ( NoPass )?

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Dragonlord said:
I could get my hand on a SuperKey around here in a matter of days for 29.- ... all Slot-1 solutions would set me back 79.- upwards. Any good reason why I should shell out more for a Slot-1 for only hosting NDS games instead of a SuperKey ( NoPass )?

the dstt is only $6 including shipping at dealextreme. there is no proper reason not to get a slot1 nowadays.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dragonlord said:
I'll check it out. Your mentioned site is though a no-go since it uses PayPal which is on my ban list ( they stole money from me... never again >.=.< ).
It wasn't PAYPAL's fault most likely, grow up. And get a DSTT for 7 bucks.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Superkey will work, but if the DSTT is only $7 then I'd suggest getting that instead. More features for a crazy cheap price, even if the hardware does screw up easily.

Dragonlord

OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
playallday said:
Dragonlord said:
I'll check it out. Your mentioned site is though a no-go since it uses PayPal which is on my ban list ( they stole money from me... never again >.=.< ).
Definitely it has been ( pack of scumbags ). Did a transfer of money to somebody and they just tucked the money into their pocket not putting it into his account. We found out when the other guy didn't get the payment although the money had gone. No thanks... I don't deal with bandits.

The page would have nice deals but with that payment method it's a no-go for any serious person.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:
playallday said:
Dragonlord said:
Definitely it has been ( pack of scumbags ). Did a transfer of money to somebody and they just tucked the money into their pocket not putting it into his account. We found out when the other guy didn't get the payment although the money had gone. No thanks... I don't deal with bandits.

The page would have nice deals but with that payment method it's a no-go for any serious person.

SO... somebody that you sent money to, claims they never received it = paypal ripped you off
In the scheme of things that makes sense; I mean its not as if paypal is a large business with anything to lose by stealing money from you. And some random person would never take your money and claim they never received it. (please note liberal use of sarcasm)

EDIT: I am in no way saying paypal is infallible, but your conclusion seems a bit presumptuous to me.

Dragonlord

OP
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, I know the person well. It's 100% not him who didn't take the money. He had no reason to. And no it's not a single case. I know also of a person having 1000 on his PP and suddenly they just shut down the account stealing all the money stored in there. And he had done no illegal things at all. There are tons of such scamming PP has done up to date but people still think it's the holy grail ( informations through people once working at PP knowing the internals ). Never use it if you can avoid it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Leo, please seek professional mental health help. its not a knock on you. I suffer from mental... +1