ndsl2?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by yzx571, Dec 16, 2006.

1. yzx571
    OP

yzx571 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2006
    Switzerland
    rumors from YYjoy told Nintendo will be releasing their second update for the DS. It is with a sharper screen(3.8inch upper,3.5inch lower), and aimed to people over 40. This new type will have a better control over other consoles.
    believe or not, the same person who told the update to the DSL a month before Nintendo's official news.

2. teonintyfive

teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    Greece
    Greece, Somewhere in Macedonia
    Who knows. It may or may be not true.

3. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Hopefully this one will have a decent d-pad. [​IMG]

4. BvG

BvG GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Hopefully it's fake. I'm broke you know [​IMG]

5. wohoo

wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2005
    Uppsala
    Haven't you get used to the DSL's D-Pad yet? it just took me about 3-4 hours of bomberman and metroid [​IMG] Or maybe it's my D-Pad that is better?

6. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    hm... a gripped stylus with a more precise point would be nice... and multi-touch. while playing EBA if there's a circle in the upper left corner, my pinky finger accidently touches the lower right part of the screen. That's why i never get an S :'(
    As for a bigger top screen, i really don't care about the size, but on my DS (the fat one) i see a grid between pixels, if they can make that space a bit smaller and make the acutal pixels bigger to fit the bigger screen that'd make me happy.
    I also hope that its as tank-like as the original DS. The Lite looks too easily broken. I had my DS in my backpack, kicked it like 20 feet, and i got a little crack on the clam hinge. I fear if that was a DSL it would have been shattered. THICKER PLASIC PLEASE!
    also since its aimed to 40+ the actual handheld should be bigger [​IMG] good for ppl with big hands like me [​IMG]

7. flai

flai Androgynous Apparently :)

Sep 30, 2006
    Seriously? I hate to say it but after hearing they MAY be rereleasing the Wii, I am getting kind of annoyed with Nintendo. Just as they were getting everything right...

I just bought a DS Lite, its bad enough I'm gonna have to buy an M3 Simply just after I bought an M3 Lite...

@imgod22222 - My DS Lite dropped off my bed today after I feel asleep forgetting it was there, it fell about 5 foot with a bang, I woke up, found it, and the only thing that happened was the DS cartridge popped out a bit. I was so releaved!

8. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Hahaha, wtf?

9. Wuggl3z

Wuggl3z Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2006
    thats so unfair, i trod on mine the other day and buggered up the bottom screen, i hardly put any weight on it at all

10. Whiternoise

Whiternoise GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2006
    I reckon it's bollocks personally..

Ninty have a tendancy to update their consoles, but not two this fast..

11. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] do u sleep in trees??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2005
    Whatever, i just something more solid then the DS Lite. It's too damn fragile! [​IMG]

13. bikingcam

bikingcam GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2005
    Djibouti
    You know.......
    This thread is awesome. Also, if they do release a new one I'll be upset because my lite won't be the latest and greatest anymore

14. Whiternoise

Whiternoise GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2006
    Out of interest.. could you post the link?

15. 7llusion

7llusion GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    France
    Nintendo must be making new versions because of the popularity of the DS(DS sells 2.5x more than psp I think).
    But it's still a pity that my flashy black DSLite won't be the newest version [​IMG] ...
    Illusion
    P.S.:I left my DSL fall a few times on the floor but luckely it still works! [​IMG] Thats Nintendo's great quality^^ .

16. Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2005
  17. apofaz

apofaz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2006
    what I'd like to see is a DS-micro!

18. monkeymachine

monkeymachine GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2006
    Yeh, this is pretty big news and if you're like me you would have told everyone to go get a DSL this Christmas season.. meaning that they won't be too happy if the DSL2 is released early 07 =(

19. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    As a comparison, what is the size of the current screens?

20. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Won't buy another model, Love the lite.