NDSL speaker volume.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Kellicros, Sep 7, 2007.

Sep 7, 2007

NDSL speaker volume. by Kellicros at 6:32 PM (966 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Kellicros
    OP

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

Is it just me or the NDSL's speaker volume is so low that you can hardly hear a thing in some game? One example being the Phantom Hourglass, even when I have the volume at max I can hardly hear the background music unless I stick my ears to the speakers, oddly enough, they sound nice when playing with headphone, but then again I am not that fond of that. I know the volume gets even lower when the battery is running low, mine is always fully charged, it makes no different.

Sometimes I wonder if I have got a NDSL with broken speakers but then when I fired up Elite Beat Agents, the game volume is quite loud so I doubted that, anyone knows a workaround other than getting one of those bucky attached speakers or using head phones?

Also I have been wondering, is it possible for the flashcart developer to create a firmware software that could re-adjust the volume of specific game? That would have been awesome if it could be done.

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    TLZ:PH is not a 'music' featured game, it's an RPG. While having some good soundtracks, they tend to be discreet.

I suggest using DiagnoSe to check the volume of your DS and see if it's working correctly, if you have a flashcard.

3. Kellicros
    OP

Just because it is an RPG doesn't make the musics irrelevant isn't it? take Final Fantasy and its soundtracks... Simply put, I just love listening to soundtracks of any games, especially when they are good. In PH, I can hardly hear the background music, it is a let down. [​IMG]

I tested it with DiagnoSe, the speakers works but just aren't loud enough.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    If you really have trouble hearing them in a silent room, I think they're broken. I dunno what to do with them though [​IMG]

The music in Elite Beat Agents is extremely high. It rumbles my whole DS on maximum volume.

5. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    well i know that DSL is lower than DSPhat

6. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Maybe you played your DS at full volume for too long, and blew the speakers? And EBA is loud, 'cuz it's a music game, so that's normal.

7. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I dont think Nintendo would be that stupid too make a game that would pop the speakers. You might have to get your DS sent back to Nintendo for repairs or if you are game you could try fitting some new ones [​IMG] .

EDIT- Have you heard a popping sound before it started doing this?

8. Kellicros
    OP

Erm, if games like Elite Beat Agent can sound that loud, and Final Fantasy 3 BGMs sound just nice it isn't the problem of my speakers right?

No poping sound. In PH, every other sounds effect sound good, not that loud but good. Only the BGMs, I had to stick my face to the screens to hear them. [​IMG]