Hacking NDSL Skin Suite

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!

Well, I've just finished this project and thought I'd share. I spent many hours tweaking kiruyama's awesome NDSL skin, and I am releasing these updates with his permission ... Hope you enjoy them!

I have changed several aspects of kiruyama's original skin, as follows: I replaced all of the text with matching fonts, I redid all of the color bar gradients, changed the "Status" bar coloring to perfectly match the bckgrd_2, redid the bckgrd_2 to display the ROM/directory window just like a real window (hard to explain, see preview below), I re-positioned the icons to be perfectly centered in their respective selection boxes, and I added a slightly darkened overlay to bckgrd_1.bmp to seperate the file list from the file sizes ...

Anyway, I hope you like these. I have uploaded a single .rar with eight color variations (preview below) and have also uploaded the Photoshop documents I used to create this skin and all of the color versions - the .psd's are fully layered so that it is EXTREMELY easy to modify them - either changing position, or changing the colors - super easy.

Without further ado, here are the skins:

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (this ZIP contains all 8 color variations of this skin)

and here are the Photoshop documents:

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (this zip contains all four .psd files - icons.psd, logo.psd, bckgrd_1.psd, bckgrd_2.psd)

mavis

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kiruyama must be a celebrity now. After all, his skin has been modified so many times.
tongue.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad some of you are using this skin! I actaully made some changes to it today, I'll post this if anyone wants it ... Basically I added the "Status" bar the bckgrd_2.bmp so it now matches the icons.bmp - added some text to it too ...

NDSL.gif

Doesn't look all that great here, but on my DS it looks great (IMO) ... Let me know if anyone wants it!

khaiyak

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work there mavis. Definitely my favourite skin to date. Please release a version so I can pop it on my R4.

Just have a couple of feedback regarding the new design.
I see you've changed the logo background from small griding to the larger one. Personally I like the old one better, its more aligned to the top status bar.

Love the new section you've added to the second background, however it should have another field for ebook because the new firmware now has that mode.

Other than that, great job. A definite must have.

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work there mavis. Definitely my favourite skin to date. Please release a version so I can pop it on my R4.

Just have a couple of feedback regarding the new design.
I see you've changed the logo background from small griding to the larger one. Personally I like the old one better, its more aligned to the top status bar.

Love the new section you've added to the second background, however it should have another field for ebook because the new firmware now has that mode.

Other than that, great job. A definite must have.

I've upped the files, with the small grid for the top screen (hadn't noticed that I was using the large grid) ... I'll have a look at the new firmware tomorrow, and see what I can do - I'm still using 1.06beta ...
wink.gif

Anyway, thanks for the comments - I'll see about adding the eBook thing tomorrow!

Click to download (contains only one color (blue) for now - more later if requested)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended