Hacking NDSL broken

rickf1018

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my son a Japan ndsl many months ago, he open it up last week and accidently broke the power switch, it is flashed. I called Nintendo and they picked it up today. The problem I am worried about is that it is still flashed because there was no way of taking the flashme off or switching it to get the warning screen because the power button broke. I'm crossing my fingers that they will fix it or they call me that they won't fix it and I could get in trouble for changing the firmware.

Thanks

Rick

P.S. Selling z64 http://www.scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4950

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In worst case, they will just tell you that they will not fix it for altering the original firmware code and therefor the warranty is not valid. But it wouldn't cause you any legal difficulties and they would most likely just return it the way you sent it.

Gl!

Flocoon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
As it's YOUR dsl they won't keep it. The worst senarii is that as you've flashed the console, they will not repair it and send it back.

That's why I keep the warning message when I flash my DSs
yaynds.gif

Good luck
grog.gif

rickf1018

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope so, wonder if they will notice that its a japan dsl too......guy didn't really want the serial when I called nintendo since the warranty is a year its only been out in the US only little over a month

fatman711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My brother works as a technical support agent at the Richmond,B.C headquarters and he says that they throw all the DSs that they get for warranty away as soon as they get it. They receive roughly about 10-15 DSs everyday and it will take too long for them to fix them. They will send you a new DS. However they do not call it a new DS as it doesn't come in a retail box and will say factory reconditioned but all the parts are brand new. So you are essentially getting a new DS Lite. Hope this helps.

P.S. you should have told them to do an advance replacement because you will get one first, which crosses out the risk of not getting a new DS completely

rickf1018

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we got a new DS, I know this because the one we sent was Jap one and we got a US one.....Nintendo the best when it comes to service like this even though my son was the one that broke the ds lite......and it had flashme on it....

SMILING!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."