Hacking NDSL brightness in NDS Classic? How?

adams89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
skizo.org
XP
Country
Poland
I hear that, that after you patch with Flashme ver. for NDS Lite ur NDS Classic, u can get a DSL 4 level brightness power. Maybe u know how 2 do that, and from which packages i can get DS with FW v.5? Maybe u have any links to guides?

NetixRiqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i half the current lighting on NDSP? i mean i need less lightening but not zero..
i hope i said it like a normal person =)

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can i half the current lighting on NDSP? i mean i need less lightening but not zero..
i hope i said it like a normal person =)

Nope, the light has to be on or off as far as I know.

You don't need to do anything special to get the higher brightness levels on an DS Phat. Just flash it using FlashMe V7. However, this only works on a very small percentage of Phats...I think only the ones that were produced after production on the Lite started. It does NOT work on all firmware 5 DS Phats.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have the newer phat DS V5 and I think V4 they have a chip in like the DS lite for 4 levels of brightness. I don't think the maximum brightness is as much as the DS lite but it does make a big difference. To use it all you need to do is install flashme v7 the one with the firmware for both the phat and lite. If your phat DS has the chip in you can change brightness levels otherwise you switch the light on and off. I never believed this at first until I got my girlfriend a pink phat DS, that had the chip in.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The story goes (or Myth as I have no personal experience) they were using the same version of hardware (chips) in the last batch of V.5 phats as they used in DS Lites. They just didn’t turn on the brightness feature. So if you have one of the last V.5 firmware phats with the correct chips then it is said to work, but did all V.5 phats contain the right chips I have seen many discussions about…
rolleyes.gif

Link to check firmware... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29528&hl=version

Wish you luck...
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: