Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You guys are awesome for starting on a port together.
What advantages does gpsp kai have over other versions that made you go for this?
I have no idea about how the different versions compare or perform against each other, I'm just curious.

lpchaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh well, I guess deep inside everyone felt they wouldn't bother anyway.
Regardless, thank you everyone that is willing to make this happen almost from scratch. Seriously.
I wish my coding skills weren't so basic so I could help a little...
Best of luck to you guys!

mcopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh yeah! Thank you very much for making our money spent on DSTwo more than worth!
After seeing what the latest version of CATSFC can do, I'm sure that, even starting from scratch, this new TempGBA could do much more than NDSGBA!
I just imagine when even multiplayer becomes possible! :D (seriously, I'd wait more than a year for that)

BTW: first GameYop and then this?? \o/ (didn't test GameYop, but it seems awesome from what I read!)
3DS hacking can wait!

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
21. Add hotkeys and proper button remapping (because the GBA has fewer buttons
than the DS, unlike the SNES).
Jumping and sqeeling like a 11 year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert. I have waited a long time for a better button remap. :grog:

Reactions: 2ndApex

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've beta tested for ZodTTD's iOS emulators back in the day and contributed greatly to his compatibility wiki he used to have up when he had his own forum. I would very much like to help out in any way as far as testing and reporting bugs, or anything lol. This is a pretty awesome effort you all are pulling together.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys are awesome for starting on a port together.
What advantages does gpsp kai have over other versions that made you go for this?
I have no idea about how the different versions compare or perform against each other, I'm just curious.
gpSP Kai is a fork of Exophase's gpSP made by an anonymous Japanese coder. Its source is available on SourceForge. [1]

NDSGBA already uses (a possibly slightly older version of) gpSP Kai. It has some improvements over Exophase's gpSP, but Exophase stopped working on gpSP because of people starting to distribute forks like Kai. The file readme_kai_jp.html lists these improvements in Japanese. [2]

Using gpSP Kai was pretty much a consensus established among the PSP users of gpSP for various reasons, mostly speed and game compatibility.

[1] http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/gpsp-kai/scm/svn/
[2] http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/gpsp-kai/scm/svn/blobs/head/trunk/gpsp-kai-test/readme_kai_jp.html

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love gPSP kai on my PSP runs really well should be great on DSTwo.
well, i did read some where that the DStwo has a 360 MHZ or 400 Mhz MIPs processor. That is the same type as the PSP. The PSP has a 333Mhz so would agree with you on that.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not make a new thread about TempGBA?
This pretty much is the TempGBA thread; if it could be renamed, it would be done I imagine. Also, this isn't really a release or anything, more or less just opening the source as the community has requested. Hopefully people will pick up on it and help out since Nebuleon, Normmatt and I, have other things we'd rather be working on at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte