NDSGBA/DSGBA Slot-1 cards

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bollocks, Dec 6, 2006.

Dec 6, 2006

NDSGBA/DSGBA Slot-1 cards by bollocks at 6:08 PM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. bollocks
    OP

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    okay, i'm trying to keep track of all the various OEM versions of the Slot-1 cards made by this shady "NDSGBA" outfit, and/or "DSGBA" who are almost certainly the same people.

..or are they. I'm honestly not even sure anymore. DSGBA's site is in Chinese, domain registered to a Chinese person, and has an OEM section and few pics of the production process or something. NDSGBA's site is registered in Hong Kong, has new products not seen on DSGBA (including the EX series). But there was definitely a screenshot of one of the UFPEX-based cards mentioning DSGBA. At the very least they're closely affiliated though.

As far as I can tell, it's something like this:

Ultra FlashPass = Ninjapass (original - not X9) = NDS1:1 = DSFLASH 2 - first Slot-1 card, poor compatibility. 512Mbit memory initially, also available in 256Mbit(why?) and 1GBit
    Ultra FlashPass EX = GD Flash - no reviews so far? higher capacity than original Ultra, claims near-perfect compatibility. possibility of MicroSD version released in future. requires PC client software.

Unknown: N-CARD -- initial screenshots of menu and PC software were identical to UFPEX/GD, but the released version has no PC client (supports mass storage, drag and drop) and has a completely different menu. initial reports of 100% compatibility.

and, just for the record, the following have nothing to do with (N)DSGBA: DS-Link, Ninja DS (all versions), Media Gamer (clone of NinjaDS), Ninjapass X9, DS-Xtreme, Ewin 3, Acekard, EZ-Flash V, Supercard DS, Cartridge Construction Kit, R4, M3DS.

Anything I'm missing?

2. digital_sin

Member digital_sin GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    The "DSFLASH 2"

one that's basicly the UltraFlashPass/Ninjapass but in disguise.

3. bollocks
    OP

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    interestingly the N-Card has gone in a different direction - completely different menus, drag and drop and such. maybe that's another company who abandoned DSGBA.