Hacking ndscardsale

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one of my SuperCards went bad. Same garbled text that looks like asian text but isn't. So I went to DealExtreme, but it appears they aren't selling them any more. I ran across this place:

http://www.ndscardsale.com/product/Super-C...nsparent-Purple

and ordered 2 of them. Can anyone tell me about ndscardsale? how well they do returns? How fast they ship to America? Quality of products, and so on?

Another SuperCard doesn't seem to be recognizing my SD's any more. I haven't delved into it to much, but figured I better order 2 more of these bad boys before they completely disappear.

the price was very reasonable, very close to DealExtereme's prices.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1.wrong section
2.why do people ask after buying?
3.They are from dealextreme(DX) IIRC so they should ship withing a 2-5 weeks,at least that's how DX is,dunno if they do it faster there

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
ordered the same product from them as i lost mine... and even though i already have a supercard dsone... i thought i might get this before they ran out... maybe for my gba... still haven't got it... i ordered it in april 26... they seem to use the same prices, products, and product numbers than dealextreme... i once read in some thread here that some dealextreme staff told someone that ndscardsale was one of their suppliers... so i guess we're good... hopefully...

i doubted getting them for some time because i thought i might be getting a fake... but i took the chance as it is very cheap actually... and i think i won't really mind if it's a fake unless it doesn't work...

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q
1.wrong section

R:
I apologize. I thought a SuperCard is a Flash hardware. And hence put a supercard thread in the GBA flash hardware forum. If it isn't considered a flash hardware, please describe what a flash hardware is, and what section Supercards should go in. Thank you.

Q:

R:
I can't speak for other people, but the options for getting SuperCards are very limited, and went with this. However, info after the sale can still educate me in how to deal with the company in future situations if they should arise.

Q:
3.They are from dealextreme(DX) ...

R:
NDScardsale are from DX? Is it a secondary company under their ownership? If so, why would they sell the cards through another company they own, but not through their normal site. Or are you saying NDScardsale gets their Supercards from DealExtreme?

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dajavax said:
i doubted getting them for some time because i thought i might be getting a fake... but i took the chance as it is very cheap actually... and i think i won't really mind if it's a fake unless it doesn't work...

At this point I am wondering if the ones I got from DX were fake. About 6-8 of them passed through my hands and only 1 still works, and that is the 1st I ever got. The 2 other ones I now have were good for several months, before they went bad. The other bad ones didn't last 2 weeks.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The supercard miniSD uses a 32MB/256Mb SDRAM module.

NOR is a type of flash, more specifically a NOR gate (is a digital logic gate that implements logical NOR) flash. Example of a flashcart with NOR is those that have internal storage like the F2A or the more recent fake EFA-Linkers or the NOR on a 3in1.

As for what section, all gba flashcarts are just clumped together right now because the current focus is the DS flashcarts. So being in this section is fine.

People ask after buying, so they can validate thier reasons for the choice. Unfortunately for some it is not a validation but a "you screwed up."

Most flashcart makers do not use quality control of thier sources, this results in bad batches. This type of cutting corners to turn a profit is common for some flashcart makers. Most of these makers are gone because of it, the rest got sued out of existance or just left because it wasn't profitable anymore.

DX sells through others to get around the paypal DMCA issues mostly.

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q:
Buy an EZ Flash IV - they appear to last longer

R:
Not looking for opinions on which card is better at this time, but appreciate the input. I spent months on the subject over a year ago. Of the top 3, there are folks who have negatives on all 3. And those who have the SuperCard and like them haven't had many of the problems others claim that it has. perhaps there are some bad ones out here and fakes.

I went through about 6 of these, and my original one still woks great, and am very happy with it. very few games don't work, and very few games have slow down issues. But getting a good one is hard now days, as I am on the tail end of the show.

Q:
The supercard miniSD uses a 32MB/256Mb SDRAM module.

NOR is a type of flash, more specifically a NOR gate (is a digital logic gate that implements logical NOR) flash. Example of a flashcart with NOR is those that have internal storage like the F2A or the more recent fake EFA-Linkers or the NOR on a 3in1...

R:
You can Google Supercard flash and find many many results that state it is a flash cart. Even a simple history of what a flash cartridge is will put this in the same boat. I was around in the Commodore 64 days and saw flash carts back then! Yeah the super picky technical people may claim certain cards no longer fall in the Flash category, and them making a stink I am in the wrong section is just fluff really. because....

Q:
As for what section, all gba flashcarts are just clumped together right now because the current focus is the DS flashcarts. So being in this section is fine.

R: a simple look at this section states:
GBAtemp.net > Game Boy Advance Discussions > GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software

One can see it is for GBA and not DS, though I would conjecture half the people who own a SuperCard use it on a DS, and perhaps some in that crowd don't realize it was made for the GBA, and that some people still use it as such. I appreciate your efforts to get such folks to back off. Thanks.

Q:
People ask after buying, so they can validate thier reasons for the choice. Unfortunately for some it is not a validation but a "you screwed up."

R:
As stated above, I spent many hours over a year ago, what I wanted to get, and my original SuperCard works great still. I have 2 sons who wanted one, and getting a 2nd and 3rd has been a problem. I am completely happy with what the SuperCard does. It does everything I want it to do and more. Last year I even finished reading a novel on it while camping.

the issue is dealing with companies who sell bad ones, and hopefuly was gonna get someone to tell me about their experience with this company, rather than the card itself. But always am glad to learn more about the SuperCard.

Q:
Most flashcart makers do not use quality control of thier sources, this results in bad batches. This type of cutting corners to turn a profit is common for some flashcart makers. Most of these makers are gone because of it, the rest got sued out of existance or just left because it wasn't profitable anymore.

R:
yeah, when I started having problems with my 2nd and 3rd Supercard, I hit the internet hard. There was very few similar cases out there. But I did find 1 or 2. And those who owned the supercard had not heard of the issue I had. Perhaps these were all from the same batch, rather than a fake. As my 1st one also came from DealExtreme. Now if one Googles this problem, they will find several threads in several places by me about this problem, with others who came afterwards discussing it. Never found a real reason of the problem.

Q:
DX sells through others to get around the paypal DMCA issues mostly.

R:
There are threads out there that discuss what happened to the flash carts on DX, some legal issue. Don't know if that what this PayPal DMCA is abut, but the info I heard it had to do with some countries hitting flashCard sellers because of copyright laws. Though if I remember right it wasn't said so specificly. There was a backdoor to purchase these carts on DX for several months, but they now are gone as well.

But interestingly enough, 1 SuperCard that I ordered never arrived! And this occured at the beggining of the SuperCard removal from DX, upon contacting DX they asked me if it didn't arrive becuse of customs believing it to be an ilegal device for my country and kept it from getting to me. I emailed them I had ordered several before without a problem, and told them it wasn't ilegal because you can use it to play homebew games and many other things. they sent me anther, and there wasn't a problem.

I used Paypal through ndscardsale, so I have my doubts its a Paypal issue, but who knows. But if I am gonna get the same batch I may be concerned.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
well... i just got my supercard today... i'm pretty sure it's fake by looking at it... but seems to work fine... i'll check it out a little more and tell you if something comes up...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dajavax said:
well... i just got my supercard today... i'm pretty sure it's fake by looking at it... but seems to work fine... i'll check it out a little more and tell you if something comes up...
Mine failed 2 hours after I got it.

fancysky016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
1.wrong section
3.They are from dealextreme(DX) IIRC so they should ship withing a 2-5 weeks,at least that's how DX is,dunno if they do it faster there

2. maybe while their waiting, they want find out more about the site.

3. how do you know that's from DX? i don't think so, because the link structure is totally different from them.

4. i bought the super ds two card and other r4 cards from this ndscardsale.com, they shipped my card within two days, and i got that in 9 days. pretty fast.

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got them over a month ago I guess, and my kids have been playing with them and they work great. I am happy with the purchase

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Well considering that they were made more than 3 years ago, any that do work is a marvel. This is another reason why some don't recomend a supercard GBA flashcart (the purple cart), they tend to stop working due to age.
...really? I have an M3 Perfect SD that works just as well now as it did years ago. Granted, my M3 CF card isn't working so hot any more.
tongue.gif

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
almost two months since i got my "fake" supercard from them and it's still working good... so... i guess you can deal with fake cards considering original ones are no longer sold...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.