nds_nfo

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
get firefox
*Taunting singsong* Insiting compatibility of sites with browsers works both ways.
lecture.gif
And IE does have approx. an 80% market share...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
+99% of spyware and viruses ^^
I never said I used it
tongue.gif

Maybe they like them; spices up their browsing experience! Besides, it's things like that that keep people like me in a job
happy.gif
[Edit: not like I work yet or anything, but it'll be just my luck that I can't land a graduate job and wind up working tech support or something]

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I never said I used it
tongue.gif

Maybe they like them; spices up their browsing experience! Besides, it's things like that that keep people like me in a job
happy.gif
[Edit: not like I work yet or anything, but it'll be just my luck that I can't land a graduate job and wind up working tech support or something]
- Hello?
- Hello, tech support, what seems to be the problem?
- Well I have to press the "any" key but I can't seem to find it...
- Maaam, the pressing the any key means you have to press a key on the keyboard, not the any key...
- Oh, ok... And another question, what time does the internet close?
- Sigh...

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
underscores are not valid in hostnames. many, many people are unable to view the nfos because of this.

ok, it's not the fault of the dns at all
it's interphucked explorer itself...

http://nds_nfo.gbatemp.info/gt878 link to the NFO......

http://nds_nfo.gbatemp.info/image.php?gt878 exact same link to the NFO but direct to the PHP insted of using the .htaccess 404 redirect.

try them both in IE and Firefox they both work but the 1st one in IE just displays a 404

edit: if underscores are invalid in hostnames also.....
how come you never complained about the nds boxart and icons?

bollocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
underscores are not valid in hostnames. many, many people are unable to view the nfos because of this.

http://nds_nfo.gbatemp.info/image.php?gt878 exact same link to the NFO but direct to the PHP insted of using the .htaccess 404 redirect.

try them both in IE and Firefox they both work but the 1st one in IE just displays a 404

neither of those links work in either browser. and you're right, i can't see the boxart or icons either. but believe me, it is the DNS. if there's a browser issue as well, that's something completely separate.

P

palmarenko

+99% of spyware and viruses ^^

Well, I use IE as my main browser (only use others for site compatibility testing) and I've haven't had a single spyware program in the last 2 years.
People need to stop using the "but you'll get spyware" line and start to learn how to use the internet.

http://nds_nfo.gbatemp.info/gt878Â Â link to the NFO......

http://nds_nfo.gbatemp.info/image.php?gt878Â exact same link to the NFO but direct to the PHP insted of using the .htaccess 404 redirect.

I don't know which version of IE you use but it works in both IE6 and IE7beta2

dEC0DED

Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada

neither of those links work in either browser. and you're right, i can't see the boxart or icons either. but believe me, it is the DNS. if there's a browser issue as well, that's something completely separate.

man if u can't see shit then you're the only one with an issue buddy...

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
out of those 2 links, the first one doesn't work but the second one does...
and this is on my old desktop, in my sisters laptop it works fine all the times

bollocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the issue here is the choice of a subdomain which contains an invalid character. (ie. anything other than an alphanumeric character or a hyphen) yes this is frequently ignored, but i happen to be behind a proxy using squid 2.5, which enforces that particular rule. there is precisely jack shit i can do about this.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

the issue here is the choice of a subdomain which contains an invalid character. (ie. anything other than an alphanumeric character or a hyphen) yes this is frequently ignored, but i happen to be behind a proxy using squid 2.5, which enforces that particular rule. there is precisely jack shit i can do about this.

so to sum it all up just because our site dosent work with YOUR setup (but works with almost everyone else who visits here) you would like us to change it???

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia

i'm behind 2 squid proxies.... and there is no problem.

bollocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

so to sum it all up just because our site dosent work with YOUR setup (but works with almost everyone else who visits here) you would like us to change it???
i'm just telling you you're using an invalid hostname. whether you want to do anything with that information or not is up to you.

kaede2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am running FF 1.5 on both my pc and my laptop (same extensions installed etc -- exactly the same set up). now, here's the problem..

on my pc everything is ok, perfect even and im happier than a columbian drug dealer on his 100 ft. yacht

on my laptop however, nfo and boxart is for lack of better words, rooted. with the following...

QUOTE said:
  * Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

now, I mainly use my laptop at work so I have a hunch that it may be work's internal DNS server thats chucking a fit and not firefox itself. and FYI my DNS server at work is a linux box.

either way, the solution is not "get firefox", but you should probably change the host name cos you are not following standards.

(hmm i just read the entire thread) meh, all in all, if you dont care, neither do I.. I've had my rant.. you were a bit harsh on bollocks tho

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I rolled up my squid and made a katamari.

Basically, nds_nfo is disobeying the rules of the internet. Anyone who folows the rules of the internet are punished and not allowed to go. You have to break the rules just to access some content, and use a browser that ignores the rules.
I think it's a stupid law. But regardless of what you think, it's still a law. Basically, having an underscore means you don't want everyone to be able to access your stuff. I'm fine with it, I can get there. Not sure why anyyone would want to keep out legitimate users though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr