Homebrew [NDS] Yet Another nds-bootstrap Forwarder: more than 40 forwarders are now possible

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This works great and solves the issue of being able to go over 40 titles so thanks OP for doing this!! The only real feedback I would have is if loading times could maybe be improved in the future? Can't really complain though as this solves my biggest complaint so thanks thanks thanks!!!
The loading time is unfortunately not going to be any faster. I already made the 3DS side as fast as it could (it's like 8 lines of code for booting the NDS-side).

The problem is that when you are playing an NDS game of any sort, the 3DS requires a soft reboot into DS(i) mode. This soft reboot is ultimately why TWiLight Menu++ also takes a while to boot on the 3DS, and the forwarders are no exception.

Sorry, it's the best I can do.

andot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You do realize how bad that advice is. That folder does contain all the 3ds games. dlc. forwarders. and savefiles. You take out that folder. You take out everything
Yes, everything. if you used 3dsbank to create a slot to store all nds forwarders, other slots store 3ds games or VC. Delete the `Nintendo 3DS` folder which stores nds forwarders, I think you only delete all nds forwarders.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, everything. if you used 3dsbank to create a slot to store all nds forwarders, other slots store 3ds games or VC. Delete the `Nintendo 3DS` folder which stores nds forwarders, I think you only delete all nds forwarders.
A strong assumption. Just remember. not everyone uses 3dsbank.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how to remove the homebrew splash screen?
This would require creating an entirely new splash using https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-logobuilder, then recompiling makerom from source to use so.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this, so I won't be supporting it unless someone figures out how to actually use ctr-logobuilder. It's one of the most confusing pieces of software I have ever seen.

• Wow
Reactions: havocdrake

havocdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This would require creating an entirely new splash using https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-logobuilder, then recompiling makerom from source to use so.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this, so I won't be supporting it unless someone figures out how to actually use ctr-logobuilder. It's one of the most confusing pieces of software I have ever seen.
Nevertheless, I appreciate this kind of utilities - If I wish another thing:
#1) an option to manually set the rom path,
#2) An ability to randomly generate random titleID -- If 2 roms are same game, and 1 is a rom-hack, they only have the same titleID and override each other.

Found a bug:
#1) Sometimes, soft-resetting the game by L+Down+Start - sometimes load other forwarded games.

Thanks!

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nevertheless, I appreciate this kind of utilities - If I wish another thing:
#1) an option to manually set the rom path,
#2) An ability to randomly generate random titleID -- If 2 roms are same game, and 1 is a rom-hack, they only have the same titleID and override each other.

Found a bug:
#1) Sometimes, soft-resetting the game by L+Down+Start - sometimes load other forwarded games.

Thanks!
1: you already can, though? Not sure what you mean here.
2: is a commonly requested feature, and I'll look at it, still haven't had proper time to do so.

That bug sounds really weird and I'll be sure to test it. Thanks for the report!

havocdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
1: you already can, though? Not sure what you mean here.
2: is a commonly requested feature, and I'll look at it, still haven't had proper time to do so.

That bug sounds really weird and I'll be sure to test it. Thanks for the report!
"1: you already can, though? Not sure what you mean here.", What I meant is, manually typing the rom path into a textbox.
https://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/mario-vs-donkey-kong-mini-land-mayhem#
The bug example: when I soft-reset Professor Layton's: Last Specter, it boots Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"1: you already can, though? Not sure what you mean here.", What I meant is, manually typing the rom path into a textbox.
I'm really confused about this one. Is this a feature request for the generator app, or the HOME menu icon?

If the feature is about the HOME menu icon, I will not be adding more features to it. I would rather the icon app be as minimal as possible. If you wanted to switch around file locations, then I suggest just using TWiLight Menu++ instead.

If the feature is about the generator... both the CLI and GUI tools detect the ROM path, CLI being manually typed out and GUI being just drag-n-drop, so...

As for the bug, can you try the 1.1.0 version of `bootstrap.cia` and let me know if the same issue happens? https://github.com/lifehackerhansol/YANBF/releases/tag/v1.1.0

havocdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm really confused about this one. Is this a feature request for the generator app, or the HOME menu icon?
Something like this, so you won't be forced to create directories.

Attachments

• Inkedforwarded-with-file-path_LI.jpg
    Inkedforwarded-with-file-path_LI.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 116
v1.2.0

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

solomonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
`Widescreen support` - how to make it work? I've regenerated the Pokemon Platinum with 1.2.0, updated sd card forwarders, etc. But no effect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM