NDS & Wii Titles Expected Week of 9th to 14th March 2008

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

This week...is awesome! Games are kinda like buses, you wait for one to arrive and three come at once! Looking forward to playing many of these titles, and look what's in the Wii section!

Read to know when a game could be dumped:
    These dates are what retailers say is out unless stated otherwise, sometimes they make dates up for pre-ordering purposes. These dates could also be "shipping dates" which usually means that that's the date when games get shipped to stores so a game could either be in stores on that day or after. Some games may get delayed some others not listed may appear but at the moment of posting these are correct. Also just because a game is released in stores it doesn't mean that they'll appear on our internets but NA titles usually appear on our 'nets Wednesday night UK time. I love you with mouth.

DS

11th March

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

[​IMG]

Region: North America / Europe (14th) Genre: Action RPG
    Developer: Square Enix Publisher: Square Enix

I had fun with the Japanese release and I'm so pleased that it is finally out, not only the US but in Europe too! Witness the tale of twin children blessed by the crystals, whose inseparable fate leads them on a journey fraught with trials. Experience the journey of Ring of Fates in a compelling single-player mode. Tackle challenging quests with the help of your friends in a cooperative multiplayer mode, or play head-to-head multiplayer mode, both supporting up to four players! And yes my friends, it is online! Famitsu gave it 9/8/9/9 while Nintendo Power has given it 7/10 so at worst it could be better than average. Amazingly instead of waiting 9 months, FFCC will be out next week in Australia and Europe.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Insecticide

[​IMG]

Region: North America Genre: Platform Adventure
    Developer: Crackpot Entertainment Publisher: Gamecock

I have been waiting ages for this game! Essentially its like Beyond Good & Evil, half of the game is action based and the other is adventure based. Behind this game are some people who were involved with LucasArts when they actually made games that wasn't always based on Indiana Jones & Star Wars and were part of such games like Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle & Full Throttle. Insecticide is a hard-boiled, fast-shooting detective game set in a festering future city where bugs have evolved as the planet’s dominant race. A murder at the powerful Nectarola soft drink company leads police from the Insecticide Squad on a bug hunt through the city’s seedy underbelly, and into a mystery of epic proportions. Join Detective Chrys Liszt and partner Roachy Caruthers on the case as they become entangled in a web of crime. It’s an action-adventure in the truest sense of the word, immersing players in cinematic combat levels, as well as a story-based detective investigation. Players can interrogate suspects, interview witnesses and play good cop/bad cop to get the info needed to solve the case and win the game. Nintendo Power gave the game 6.5/10 but everyone else who has played it says its awesome but fuck what anyone says and give it a try if you like the sound of it.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nanostray 2

[​IMG]

Region: North America Genre: Dungeon Crawling RPG
    Developer: Shin'en Publisher: Majesco

Originally I thought that this game would just be an OK title but now I'm expecting better, not sure why just a feeling I get. Essentially there's nothing new about it, its a sidescrolling shooter and its meant to be for those who love those games so sign me up as we hardly ever get shooters like this on the DS. Nanostray 2 features six game modes, including two-player co-op, two-player vs, Challenge (with 30+ different missions) and the brand new Simulator (go high-score hunting in four futuristic games). With both horizontal and vertical viewpoints that offer more variety between levels, Nanostray 2 also includes multiple control schemes and configurable weapons that are a necessity to defeat the game’s 16 formidable bosses. In addition, players can upload their scores via Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection so they can see how they rank against the best. Nintendo Power gave 6/10 but at least give it a go, reviewers tend to be wrong at times.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13th March

Kage Densetsu: The Legend of Kage 2

[​IMG]

Region: Japan Genre: Platform Slasher
    Developer: Taito Corporation Publisher: Taito Corporation

Recently Taito have revived Space Invaders & Arkanoid, they were awesome! Can this new game be excellent too? Ok for those who don't know Legend of Kage was this old school platform hack me do in the arcades, and people like me loved it. The NES version I didn't love but some people like it. Hopefully this long awaited (20 years!) sequel will be more like the arcade greatness. Story? Who cares, run, jump & slash stuff. Famitsu gave the game 7,7,8,7 (29/40), one mark higher than Contra 4 but then they hardly ever rate DS action games that high.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Simple DS Series Vol. 34: The Haisha

Region: Japan Genre: Dentist sim
    Developer: D3 Publisher: D3

Ever wanted to be a dentist? Perhaps this is the game for you.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hayate no Gotoku! Ojousama Produce Daisakusen Boku Iro ni Somare! Gakkou-Hen / Oyashiki-Hen

Region: Japan Genre: ??
    Developer: D3 Publisher: D3

I know a previous game was some sort of adventure title with butlers and maids, but this one...dunno. Kinda looks like some mini game compilation that features old Konami games.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out in Japan :
    DS Bimoji Training
    Duel Love: Koisuru Otome wa Shouri no Megami
    Edo Bunka Rekishi Kentei DS
    Kantan! Tanoshii! Okashi Navi DS
    Koinu no Heya
    Mahou ni Kakeraete
    Shugo Chara! 3-tsu no Tamagoto Koisuru Joker
    Simple DS Series Vol. 33: The Crossword & Kanji

14th March

Command & Destroy

Region: Europe Genre: Real Time Strategy
    Developer: Cypron Studios Publisher: Zoo Digital

Well we're still waiting for a dump of the US release from last month but this week sees the Europe release so I'm featuring it again seeing as theres a chance that we could get this at last. This was in development for the GBA since 2003 and 5 years later its hitting the DS. It looks like a GBA game and yeah its a Command & Conquer rip off and yeah its a DSI/Zoo Digital published game BUT we gotta be positive people as we don't have many of these games and people who have bought the DSI release say its pretty good. You may be please to hear that it will be point & click control but sadly there will only be two player wireless play. Shame that they couldn't stick WFC on it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out in Europe:

Mr. Bean Based on the cartoon which is meh and not the terrible series & films, this a platformer by Blast! Entertainment who seem to like making really ass titles on crap franchises, No screens or much else, expect the worse.

Wii

March 9th

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

[​IMG]

Region: US Genre: Smash-me-do
    Developer: Game Arts Publisher: Nintendo

Well this is a title that I don't think people are that bothered about, it should be an amazing game but I reckon that it won't do so well sadly as their don't seem to be that many people interested in it. The Japanese version has been out for some time but no one seemed that bothered. I would urge people to go and get it when its released but I doubt you will. [​IMG]

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

March 11th

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return

Region: US Genre: On Rails Shooter
    Developer: SEGA Publisher: SEGA

Me and the Mrs play this a lot at the local arcade, it feels great shooting a giant zombie sloth with a shotgun (reloading is very satisfying) so when I heard that this was coming I thought HURRAH! Then it turns out to be a port of the Xbox version of HotD 3 (which had HotD 2 on as well). So it won't look as good as the arcade, not only that but unlike the Xbox version there is no lightgun at all, lame. Well the Xbox version was good (despite having no shotgun) so it'll be a good port but I just wish that SEGA had it looking like the arcade and included shotguns. Reloading the game is done by shooting off screen, so no waggling them. The two titles will feature more than six gameplay modes, including Arcade Mode and Time Attack. In addition, up to two players can target zombies simultaneously in the title's cooperative mode. Happily the Wii version has an extreme mode, an altered single-player mode in House of the Dead III which features quicker enemy attacks and smaller bullet blast radiuses for your guns. It's hard, in other words. But aiding you in your zombie-killing quest is the ability to reload your shotgun much faster and an all-new melee attack. When the enemy is within melee range, pressing the A button will unleash the powerful melee attack that can hit several enemies. The melee attack can also be used to block enemy attacks, missile weapons, and even boss attacks. So why no HotD 1 on it as well? Well SEGA say: "House of the Dead 1 isn’t included because of graphical disparity", I say bullshit, SEGA just didn't want to spend more money and stick with this quick & cheap port.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

March 13th

Baroque for Wii

[​IMG]

Region: Japan Genre: RPG
    Developer: Sting Publisher: Sting

You awaken to find the world in ruin, your heart beset with unexplained guilt. A cataclysm has destroyed the cities and empires of men and disfigured the spirit of humanity. In this nightmare, it falls to you to descend a mysterious tower in search of absolution. Battle merciless foes through treacherous dungeons, scour for new items to aid you in your travels, and unlock the secrets of a devastated land. You will find death in the depths, yet learn that death is not the end of the story; in the twisted world of Baroque, it is only the beginning. Released by Atlus in the US on 8th April or if you own a PS2 you can get it on the 18th March.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out in Japan is Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008

March 13th

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

Region: Europe Genre: Farming and trying to pick up chicks/blokes sim
    Developer: Marvelous Publisher: Rising Star

Well the US has had this on the Gamecube for quite sometime now but it does finally come to Europe this time on the Wii! Start life in a farming village with the goal of becoming an expert farm manager. Taking over your own farm, you raise plants and animals, catch lots of fish, build up your farm, and see your character grow into adulthood. The game features cows, horses and sheep, among other animals, but this time around, if you don't have a gate around their grazing area, they may get out from your farm area and, when night comes, get attacked by wild dogs. You also have added freedom with your planting, as you can now raise plants outside your own farm area. Once again, interacting with town folk and falling in love are major points of the game. Your choice of love interests changes depending on your choice of boy or girl at the start of the game. Wii version adds motion sensor controls to the farming activities such as using an axe or watering can. I did read somewhere that the Wii version only lets you play as a Boy. Vid is of the Gamecube version, looks the same.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ATTENTION EUROPE, BATTEN THE HATCHES FOR THE SHOVELWARE INVASION BEGINS ON THE 14TH!!!

Yes those bastards at Popcorn Arcade & Koch Media (lol koch) are unleashing thir crap over here so beware of the following titles: Classic British Motor Racing, AMF Bowling Pinbusters!, Kawasaki Quad Bikes, Kidz Sports Basketball, Kidz Sports Ice Hockey, King of Clubs, Monster Trux: Offroad, Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom, Myth Makers: Trixie In Toyland & Rig Racer 2.

I plead with you DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY THEM! The consequences would be dire, instead go and get the finally released goodness of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn & No More Heroes, you oh it to yourself!

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm looking forward to nanostray 2 [​IMG]

What is this "Brawl"? Never heard of it [​IMG]

(Blah read the article before it got beleeted)

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ignore post, finally fixed the first one.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Wow, only two of the DS games will I NOT be bothering with. That's IF they actually get dumped or don't get pushed back or whatever.

I'm sure most could guess which two DS games I won't be bothering with. [​IMG] (that Simple series and the overly long titled one)

As for the Wii.....I wonder how well the new server will handle the SSBB release. I don't have a Wii, so it's moot to me and it won't be my fault if the server chokes....I stay out of those SSBB threads.

5. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Awww, SSBB's online will get ravaged with homophobes now. >_>

6. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Its fine now.

Final Fantasy CC Isn't out in Europe on 14th now, its the 20th for some countries and 21st for others. I couldn't change it in the thread 'cos bad things happen, you know cats marrying dogs etc.

7. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Thanks for this. When is Ninja Gaiden due?

8. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Damn.. too much good stuff coming out next week!
    Hope the new server can take it!

March 20 on Japan and March 25 on the US [​IMG]

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Week after this one.

10. Enix-zae

Newcomer Enix-zae Member

Australia

uh, no it isn't? unless you mean trading moogles. But i hardly call that online.

11. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Nice list. I miss the old list thought.... [​IMG]

12. fenthwick

Member fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Four good games for the DS. YaY!

13. shamantimk

Newcomer shamantimk Advanced Member

Netherlands
    nanostray 2, final fantasy, insectide, simple ds vol. 34 are looking great [​IMG]

14. plasmatron

Member plasmatron GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Hey yay ! Nice week for me. Nano fuckin stray 2 yeeeeaaahhhh !!!! And legend of kage 2. And maybe Mr.Bean ? Maybe a simple oldskool jumper ? Hope so.

15. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    [​IMG] What an awesome week of releases! I don't know what I'll play first. [​IMG] When it rains it pours huh?

I have a feeling I'm going to lose a large chunk of my free time to FF:CC though.

Thanks as always for the great work Hadrian! [​IMG]

16. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the answer guys

17. Popin

Member Popin GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    A lot of great DS games coming out. Nice job Hadrian, like always. [​IMG]

18. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Finally you changed your mind about Nanostray 2 ^^ *happy*

FFCC is worth a shot too even though I already had it through, I heard new content had been added for the EU and USA versions. Great week.

EDIT: WTF ?

Since when is this a Dungeon Crawling RPG ? [​IMG] I prefer calling it a side and top scroll shoot (since the perspective is changing in this game)

19. thegame16

Newcomer thegame16 Member

Switzerland
    House of the Dead 2 and 3 returns will be my Game of the month [​IMG]
    Love them both

20. Akotan

Member Akotan Mathematical!

Brazil
    Who's expecting some early dumps raise your hands!

\(^º^)/

Yay, forum flood!

Now, on topic, I tried the japanese version of FF:CC and didn't like the controls so much but I didn't know what I had to do... Of course, I'm wanting to give it another try! ([​IMG]) Insecticide is also so interesting.

These topics are so good and fun to read! Congrats!