Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some nice looking games coming for the NDS & shock horror...Wii!

Read to know when a game could be dumped:
These dates are what retailers say is out unless stated otherwise, sometimes they make dates up for pre-ordering purposes. These dates could also be "shipping dates" which usually means that that's the date when games get shipped to stores so a game could either be in stores on that day or after. Some games may get delayed some others not listed may appear but at the moment of posting these are correct. Also just because a game is released in stores it doesn't mean that they'll appear on our internets but NA titles usually appear on our 'nets Wednesday night UK time. I love you with mouth.

DS

4th March

Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer

Region: North America Genre: Dungeon Crawling RPG
Developer: ChunSoft Publisher: Sega

They previously have given us two Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon games, which for me sucked balls but I'm looking forward to this. Essentially its a port of a SNES title that never got a release outside of Japan with bits added for the DS release. On a quest to the mystical Lair of the Golden Condor, Shiren the Wanderer and his weasel ally, Koppa, venture through treacherous lands in an attempt to solve the mystery surrounding this legendary realm. Many other warriors have set out on this quest but none have survived the long, perilous journey through deep caverns, vast forests, and dangerous mountain passes. Filled with ferocious monsters, hidden traps, and thieves, the road to the Lair of the Golden Condor is not for the faint of heart. Shiren is determined to succeed and claim the riches that await the first hero to reach the mythic land. Another chapter in the classic RPG series, you'll move in a turn-based manner through randomly generated dungeons that provide a great challenge and lasting replay value. Outwit your enemies using advanced tactics and clever puzzle solving skills while finding mysterious items, numerous spells and other equipment to help you on your journey. If you can survive to solve the mystery, you'll find the fortune that you seek. Its online too.

Video Link

ME0000922880_2.jpg
ME0000919743_2.jpg
ME0000922889_2.jpg

Eco Creatures: Save the Forest

Region: North America Genre: Cutesy Real Time Strategy
Developer: Lightweight Co., Ltd. Publisher: Majesco

Been wanting an English version of this for a while as I liked what I say on the Japanese release "Ecolis". Eco Creatures: Save the Forest is a real-time strategy game in which players use the Touch Screen to control units of woodland creatures named Ecolis, Ecoby and Ecomon that will protect the naturally beautiful Mana Woods and recover the polluted land. All creature types have unique skills that must be strategically managed. With proper nurturing, they can evolve to learn new abilities that help a player complete the game’s more than 40 environmental missions. As players grow their woodland army, they must also plant new trees to prevent deforestation and revitalize the woodlands. The game is also online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & has multi-card multiplayer.

Video Link

ME0000858003_2.jpg
ME0000858004_2.jpg
ME0000858002_2.jpg

Ninja Reflex

Region: North America Genre: Mini Games
Developer: Sanzaru Games Publisher: EA

Sarcasm mode: Yay more mini games, definitely don't get enough of these! Well ok I'm writing this up as it COULD be decent, I mean its got ninjas in it! Ninja Reflex uses a series of martial arts challenges to test gamers' reflexes and measure their reaction times with millisecond precision. As players develop their ninja skills, they will strive to earn a black belt from their own personal Sensei. Players can also compete for ninja supremacy against their friends in fierce multiplayer battles with up to four players.

Video Link

ME0000926621_2.jpg
ME0000926617_2.jpg
ME0000926618_2.jpg

Also out on this day but fail:
Pet Shop
Petz Bunnyz
Chicken Hunter
Imagine Figure Skater
(no thanks)

6th March

Hana to Taiyou to Ame to aka Flower, Sun & Rain: Endless Paradise

Region: Japan Genre: Adventure / Puzzle
Developer: HAND / Grasshopper Manufacture Publisher: Marvelous

We've seen NES, GBA, SNES, PSX, PC & N64 ports but PS2? Nope! Well now we have, developed by HAND and overseen by Suda 51 (who did the original as well as No More Heroes, Contact & Killer 7) you play as Mondo Sumio, who comes to the resort island of Lospas at the request of the owner of the Flower, Sun, and Rain, a hotel on the island. The owner tells you that the island, which is stuck in a time loop and is being targeted by terrorists. With aid of Catharine, a computer you carry with you in your briefcase, your job is to stop the explosive device that threatens to destroy the island. Flower, Sun, and Rain, is a full adventure game with 3D exploration indoors and out. Using the hotel as your base of operations, you head out onto the island to question the residents. On top of the adventure gameplay from the PS2 original, the DS version adds 50 new puzzles, as well as stylus controls for when you jack into Catherine (ooh er Mrs!). This will come to NA & Europe later in the year.

Video Link

ME0000912417_2.jpg
ME0000912415_2.jpg
ME0000912418_2.jpg

Doraemon: Nobita to Midori no Kyojinden DS

Region: Japan Genre: Platform
Developer: SEGA Publisher: SEGA

Yet another Doraemon title, but this time its a platformer and not some kind of mini game compilation. Its also based on the film. Looks pretty and could be fun.

Video Link

ME0000923857_2.jpg
ME0000911143_2.jpg
ME0000851660_2.jpg

Also out in Japan:
Eiken-Ou: 2-Kyuuhen
Jigsaw Puzzle DS: DS de Meguru Sekai Isan no Tabi

7th March

Kira Kira Pop Princess

Region: Europe Genre: Rhythm
Developer: Dimple Entertainment Publisher: 505 Games

Another title aimed at girls (the UK adverts are basically aiming it at those little brats that erm like Bratz). Its a dancing rhythm game and an English version of the Japanese title Pinky Street: Kira Kira * Music Hour. ROCK! POP! HIP-HOP!!!!!!!! You'll also "shop til you drop" so that you can look well lush mate! Wikid, sorted, respekt. Little will be reviewing this on Episode 11 of Tempcast.
tongue.gif

Video Link

ME0000932781_2.jpg
ME0000932796_2.jpg

Also out is Winx Club: Mission Echantrix from Konami and if its like the previous titles its a lame arse platformer featuring these fairy type bints. God damn you Konami, give us a new Castlevania, Zone of the Enders or Metal Gear!

Wii

4th March

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Region: North America Genre: Grange Hill - The Video Game
Developer: Rockstar Toronto Publisher: Rockstar

As a game this is better than GTA. Most people think that this is a bullying sim (the name doesn't help really) but its not. Basically you're this kid who has been a bad little boy and has been sent to this boarding school. The teachers pick on him and he has to defend himself against other kids. As well as all that you've also got romantic stuff with the girls there and you can take part in lessons. For example biology has you dissecting a frog and music it a rhythm based mini game. Ok its yet another two year old PS2 port but its a port of a very good game that I feel should have been bigger than GTA and the crappy Manhunt 2. There are a few additions to the wii version but not too much and of course there are wiimote specific controls which according to previews, work very very well. This also hits Australia & Europe on the 7th.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

Ninja Reflex

Region: North America Genre: Mini Games
Developer: Sanzaru Games Publisher: EA

The same as the DS game but with motion controls.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

Major League Baseball 2K8

Region: North America Genre: Baseball
Developer: Kush Games Publisher: 2K Sports

Major League Baseball 2K8 returns to the diamond with the most complete MLB experience available. Revolutionizing your control of the 5 tools in baseball are brand new pitching, fielding and baserunning controls and completely overhauled batting interface. Featuring a totally unique trading card mode, robust Minor League system, all-new Signature Style animations for 2008, and more, Major League Baseball 2K8 brings a new level of fun to the virtual baseball world.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

7th March

The Dog Island

Region: Europe Genre: RPG/Adventure
Developer: Yukes! Publisher: Ubisoft

Yes Yukes do do other games that aren't wrestling related! Unlike the PSP title, this isn't a crap virtual pet sim instead its a RPG where you play as a dog! You are this dog whose brother falls ill one day. In order to help your brother, you head to an island in search of a legendary flower. The game includes stages in grass planes, snowy fields and even deserts. You can select from a variety of dogs. Now I'd rather play as a cat, running around killing stuff and crappy on cars and just going ape shit crazy but there are Dog Pirates in this. As usual with this being published over here by Ubisoft there are no English screens or videos so here's the Japanese ones.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

Also out in Europe on this day but looking shovelwarish is Pimp My Ride and finally the mighty No More Heroes (not written as an English version has already come out). And out in Japan are Family Jockey, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (finally for them), Minna no Joushiki Ryoku TV, Nobunaga no Yabou: Kakushin with Power-Up Kit & Playground: Kouen de Asobou!

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Cool thanks for the read Hadrian. Pretty average week, Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer and Eco Creatures: Save the Forest
look mildly interesting. Hana to Taiyou to Ame to seems to be the highlight of the week for me.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a bad week at all. I'm very much looking forward to both Ninja Reflex and Eco Creatures, and I'll be looking forward to an English version of Flowers, Sun and Rain later this year. My curiosity is also piqued about Bully. Better than GTA? Hmm...sounds interesting indeed. I actually have never played a GTA game before, but no one can avoid the hype. I'm all for sandbox-type games, but the theme doesn't really appeal to me. So, if Bully can offer some of those gameplay elements with a story that's perhaps more interesting for someone like myself, I'll definitely check it out. Anyone know if they're selling it at a discount, ala RE4 Wii, or are they asking the full retail ($50) price of the game?

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about you guys, but Dog Island and Sparkle Sparkle Pop Princess sound awesome.

But seriously, Bully and the Flower, Sun, Rain game sound interesting.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kknn said:
The video link for doraemon is wrong.
The game linked to actually looks fun!
Ah right thats the link to Legend of Kage 2, out the week after in Japan.

Here's the link to Doraemon, will edit it when GBAtemp lets me: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKDWxABQJN0

EDIT: Ok its let me but the pictures just royally fucked up.
EDIT 2: The Awakening: Fixed it, I had to copy the original I saved earlier.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the release of this week.
You didn't want to stop the DS topic ? maybe I'm wrong.
I like the DS release topic, we can see what the games looks like.

I'm looking for Furai no Shiren, no more heroes (any blood patch ?) and Dog island.
I thought Dog island was an animal crossing game, but if it's an RPG/adventure it might be funny to play.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing interested me, oh well, I can't read japanese and I don't own a wii...
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates is coming up though, dated 11/march on Gamefaqs, thats the game I can't wait.

P

pasc

I look forward to Flower sun and Rain as I have been following any news of it until now, I even know that there is a No More Heroes Reference in it and it is developed by the same developer that is busy helping SE out with KH 358/2 (h.a.n.d).

Thx as always hadrian.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hellklown said:
Hoping that Mystery Dungeon doesn't bore me after 2 stages like Pokemon MD...
And a dog RPG game? Let's see if it breaks the pet sim curse on the DS
tongue.gif
Its suppose to be one of those lost classic SNES RPG's that never left Japan.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
Umm well pretty nice games so far
Just wondering, will metal gear solid be released for NDS, really looking forward for MGS on DS
Its hard to say really, Konami haven't express any interest to do so, so far the only handheld Metal Gear games have been on PSP & mobile, the only one for Nintendo was on GBC (which was awesome by the way) and the only new stuff they have coming out is a new Castlevania, a load of casual and licensed movie, TV, kids games. Its possible I guess but I really don't think we'll see one on the DS, its down to producer Hideo Kojima.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecco Creatures looks a lot like Pikmin. Worth checking just for that! Besides, the graphics look really nice, even if they are somewhat "kiddy"
yaynds.gif

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I need to heck out Mystery Dungeon, Eco, and I'm always up for a set of minigames that do relflexes and nonsense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off