Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Oslo, Norway and Tokyo - June 21, 2006

Opera Software today announced that the Opera Web browser for Nintendo DS will be released in Japan on July 24. The DS browser will initially be sold online only at a price of 3,800 yen, and come with an additional memory expansion pack. Nintendo has not yet announced product release dates for the U.S. and Europe. More details about the Opera browser for Nintendo DS will be unveiled on July 24.

200662123215016287.jpg

200662123215056634.jpg

Update: Packaging for both NDS & NDSL version.

2257140.jpg

2257142.jpg

ChaosTheorySD

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Badass. I like how the cartridges are upside down in the pictures though.
biggrin.gif

I wonder if the GBA cart is has an interchangable housing or if you'll have to buy them seperately for each model.

Oh, and Ramen: they had released some screenshots in their E3 press package.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
With the price of cartridges today, I'd guess they would have to sell a DS version and a DS lite version.
Now, if Nintendo aren't greedy bastards for once (hahaha, oh wow), we might see two GBA cartridges in the same box, but do not count on it. Doesn't make much business sense.

D

Deleted User

With the price of cartridges today, I'd guess they would have to sell a DS version and a DS lite version.
Now, if Nintendo aren't greedy bastards for once (hahaha, oh wow), we might see two GBA cartridges in the same box, but do not count on it. Doesn't make much business sense.
as you can see at gamefront.de there will definately be two seperate versions of the browser software available for sale - one for the normal ds and one for the ds lite. at least it's better than only one version which sticks out of your lite
happy.gif

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I assume it'll run just fine off a flash cart, until you want to download something or visit a site that's too big. It shouldn't take much to patch it to read and write off of the GBA side of things.
When this thing comes out, I'm only putting one game on my 2G at a time, and leaving the rest for webbing.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd buy it for the sake that it's available. however, the only thing i'll be using it for is check forums maybe and check the location of final exams XD (dont' wanna boot up laptop and check... it'll take 1.30min minutes)

i must say tho, they shoudl make the DS WEP and WPA compatible so that it can be more convenient.

also, anyone think this can be used as an expansion pack (thinking about N64 days)
tongue.gif
for more graphics intense games? XD

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd buy it for the sake that it's available. however, the only thing i'll be using it for is check forums maybe and check the location of final exams XD (dont' wanna boot up laptop and check... it'll take 1.30min minutes)

i must say tho, they shoudl make the DS WEP and WPA compatible so that it can be more convenient.

also, anyone think this can be used as an expansion pack (thinking about N64 days)
tongue.gif
for more graphics intense games? XD

The Nintendo DS supports WEP encryption, but it still does not support WPA/WPA2 encryption.
cry.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone should be able to patch it so that it uses a flash card for the memory... Shouldn't be too hard but, who knows.

Anyway, you can go visit my blog by clicking the link under my sig to read more about it
wink.gif

Being able to browse the net using your handheld would be very handy. It saves you having to carry an extra PDA or laptop with you during travels. Also, your NDS will be fairly much immune to all vulnurabilities and malicious software that targets Windows
tongue.gif
It boots instantly too XD

It's just too bad this software isn't built in like the PSP.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Translated the little Q & A from the Nintendo site on my blog if anyone's interested. Just click on the link below my sig
tongue.gif

Seems there's no support for Flash, PDF, movies, sounds or anything else that requires plugins.

Still good to use to check e-mails and browse the basic site I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow