NDS TT setup w/o a DS, little Help for a kid please

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by atreyu187, Jan 11, 2011.

1. atreyu187
    OP

Newcomer atreyu187 Member

United States
    So I have a friend who doesn't have much cash that lives a ways from me. Anyhow she scraped up enough cash to get her kid a NDS with one game. Well I have a NDS TT flash cart that I have had for years NiB waiting on me to get another NDS (aint going to happen don't like the games [​IMG]) so I thought why not send her this cart with a spare 8gb card I have lying around to her kid.

Here is the problem I have no DS to know if I set it up correctly and she has NO PC to add anymore so this is a one time shot really. I have d/l the latest kernel the v1.18 and extracted to the microSD cart. Now where do I put the ROM's and can they be zipped or rar'd? Not sure on this one and none of the reviews I have seen show how to add the ROM's just the darn compatibility. I have read the FAQ and it says to place the games in the "games" folder but is that on the root or in the TTMenu? Thanks for any hep just haven't played a DS since Mario Kart launched and was ruined by cheaters and I sold my DS.

2. darkreaperofdrea

Member darkreaperofdrea GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    you should instead download the kernel in retrogamefan's thread here in the DSTT section
    then,about the games,they have to be unrar'd or unzipped in order to work
    they must end like this
    nameofthegame.nds
    and that's it
    hope i helped,cheers

3. atreyu187
    OP

United States
    Sort of so I unzip the files then they go on the root of the SD card or in X:/games folder?

4. drwhojan

Member drwhojan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Root is the first Page that popsup when you plug-in your micro SD chip - are click on the letter drive

exsample

I:\ = root

Do not use any folders

5. peterpro

Newcomer peterpro Newbie

Denmark
    As long as its still a NDS and not NDSi/XL u shouldnt have any problems. ive also used that kernel u refered to, and it works great for me, and ALOT more games now load, so i guess they fixed alot!
    Hope it will work for you too, specially when i read ur purpose with the card...

6. atreyu187
    OP

United States
    Oh yes this is a NDS not even a light I am talking about so there shouldn't be any problems there. Thanks so much for all your help you just made a little kid giddy with joy!!

7. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    I totally disagree with drwhojan. I would place the games in a games folder. The DSTT does not show where the games are (i.e. X:\I\Hate\Mario\Kart\Cheaters\With\A\Passion), it only shows the games. Just remember, the order that you put the games on the card will be the order they will show on the menu.

8. drwhojan

Member drwhojan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    O i thought he ment firmware - sorry