ROM Hack NDS trainers??

dakine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is there lack of NDS trainers out there?? so far i've only seen 6 trainers made so far..

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow +4 Trainer
Daisenryaku DS +4 Trainer (JPN)
Metroid Prime Hunters +4 Trainer (USA)
Sonic Rush +5 Trainer (USA)
Super Mario 64 DS + 4 Trainer (USA)
Super Princess Peach +4 Trainer (USA)

I would love to see if the team from the xbox trainer scene pick up the nds trainer scene. Anyway if anyone has a link to someone doing trainers it would be great if you could post em.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
stupid question, but what infact is a trainer?
wacko.gif

daRealist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason there arent many trainers falls at the feet of 3 factors..

1. Extremely hard work to reverse and understand how to code your own menus, and reverse the routines that are needed to create a trainer.

2. As there are no kits to let you debug in realtime on the ds you have to rely on emulators capable of running the games, these number VERY few and even less run many commerical games and lesser even still run proper 3d.

3. NO RESPECT!!! in todays scene noone cares or respects the people that do put in all this work, all they do is complain about them not working or that they are spoiling a VIRGIN DUMP.. this last point is what made most of the talent stop working, who wants to make something that benefits those who dont apprecaite it?

FYI.. i wouldnt waste ur time waiting for XBOX trainer makers to venture into nds.. not one of them are capable of reversing properly even with current documentation, they dont even code their own menus on the xbox, just some lame cheat engine that makes things idiot proof.

dakine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
darealist

thanks for the replies, does the action replay help the trainer makers in any way/

Also sadly i agree i've seen it many times where people who make trainers/cheatcodes never get the respect they deserve. whenever there is a way to support them either by paypal donation or whatever i always try to.

hopefully there is something that'll kick the nds trainer scene up.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NDS trainers will probably go up when PC emu compat goes up.
There's a Megaman ZX trainer, i think.
Even though it's not really considered a trainer because it doesn't make you a haxor, there's a MKDS exploit that lets you play any level you want on WiFi (instead of the 20 :S levels they have)
As for action replay helping, i don't know. If you dumped ActionReplayDS, then you wouldn't have to worry. And I'm pretty sure WRGDumper works on the M6.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A dump of ARDS does nothing useful. It's possible that it would but it doesn't load the codes list so a fix is required.

And actually it wouldn't be hard to make more trainers since most games are straight forward as to how they need to be hacked. There isn't a lack of codes either since ARDS contains codes for many games. Finding out where to hook takes a while for some games but failing that the only reason is that they just don't want to/care to make trainers for most games.

Really though, if you want to cheat on games either get an m3 or G6 or get an ARDS and buy the games.

BTW the trainer for MegaMan ZX doesn't work on m3 or EZ4.
frown.gif
Anyone know what it DOES work on?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For an ips trainer (there are many nowadays) it is just an IPS patcher you need, GBATA my favourite: http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm either rename to .gba or type *.* and press enter in the name box.

Other "scene" trainers come in BSDiff format and will need a bsdiff patcher, normally the BSDiff patcher would come in the trainer although GBATemp tends to remove them from the zip. Personally I would just grab one for say sonic from http://www.advanscene.com/ , or just visit http://www.pokorra.de/coding/bsdiff.html and grab it there. Either way you will end up with a program called bspatch.exe, it is a command line app so either make a batch file or tpye the following at the command line:
Code:
bspatch.exe (name of rom).nds (name of output rom).nds (name of patch)
replace sections as necessary and run it, you will end up with a patched file with the output name you set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...