NDS top screen always white

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Riffman, Aug 27, 2007.

Aug 27, 2007

NDS top screen always white by Riffman at 8:41 AM (773 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    Hi Guys,

Our NDS had a cracked hinge, so I ordered one of the replacement cases & performed the transplant myself.

End result is that the unit works (bottom screen, sound, touchscreen, etc.), although the top screen is always white - it does have a slight grey-ish blemish in the vicinity of where the NintendoDS logo normally is.

My first guess is that I have damaged the ribbon cable during the transplant, so will order a new one. Does anyone have any other thoughts on what it might be ?

TIA

2. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    you should have got nintendo to fix it

it probably is a damaged/ loose conector/cable

3. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    Oh I did ring them. It was going to cost $100+ to fix. I ended up doing it for $15.

4. Riffman
    OP

Newcomer Riffman Member

Australia
    I ended up getting a replacement ribbon cable, & now everything works perfectly. [​IMG]

As for the replacement shell itself - Well you do get what you pay for, but at least we now have a playable DS again.

Edit: The "$7 ebay cases" do seem a little inferior in quality to the OEM shells. For example, at the back of the top casing there is a slight (1-2mm) gap where the two pieces aren't touching. Also, when I used the replacement bottom the trigger buttons were a bit tight - This could've been rectified with a little sanding/filing, although I opted to use my original bottom & now it works fine. The two cases I got (blue & red) were solid plastic, & not just painted. Overall, the case does what it is supposed to, & it was alot cheaper than sending it off to Nintendo.