NDS top screen always white

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Riffman, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Riffman
    OP

Riffman Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2007
    Hi Guys,

Our NDS had a cracked hinge, so I ordered one of the replacement cases & performed the transplant myself.

End result is that the unit works (bottom screen, sound, touchscreen, etc.), although the top screen is always white - it does have a slight grey-ish blemish in the vicinity of where the NintendoDS logo normally is.

My first guess is that I have damaged the ribbon cable during the transplant, so will order a new one. Does anyone have any other thoughts on what it might be ?

TIA

2. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    you should have got nintendo to fix it

it probably is a damaged/ loose conector/cable

3. Riffman
    OP

Riffman Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2007
    Oh I did ring them. It was going to cost $100+ to fix. I ended up doing it for $15.

4. Riffman
    OP

Riffman Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2007
    I ended up getting a replacement ribbon cable, & now everything works perfectly. [​IMG]

As for the replacement shell itself - Well you do get what you pay for, but at least we now have a playable DS again.

Edit: The "$7 ebay cases" do seem a little inferior in quality to the OEM shells. For example, at the back of the top casing there is a slight (1-2mm) gap where the two pieces aren't touching. Also, when I used the replacement bottom the trigger buttons were a bit tight - This could've been rectified with a little sanding/filing, although I opted to use my original bottom & now it works fine. The two cases I got (blue & red) were solid plastic, & not just painted. Overall, the case does what it is supposed to, & it was alot cheaper than sending it off to Nintendo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice