NDS titles won't work with m3 lite micro sd

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bonethugs1999, Feb 23, 2007.

1. bonethugs1999
    OP

Newcomer bonethugs1999 Member

United States
    Every time I try to boot up Final Fantasy 3 or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin I just get a white screen and it freezes. I know it's not my flash cart because other games work fine. Anybody familiar with this problem and how do I play any game in moonshell? Any game I try to play will just freeze.
    Also did anybody figure out how to get the opera browser working with flashcarts yet or is there a (better) homebrew browser? Lastly, did m3's pda program get translated yet?

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the opera browser works, but you need to buy a slot 1 flash cart, and download the file ram hack and put it on your m3 lite, the opera browser comes with a ram expansion pack, and it reads it from slot2, so it wont work because it says it cant find the ram expansion pack, so as of right now, yes the opera browser works but you need to put the opera browser on a slot 1 flash cart and the hack on your M3 slot 2 flashcart and it will use your slot 2 flash cart as a ram pack, there is no way to work around this, so you will need to buy a slot 1 flash cart to get it to work.

3. captain^k

Member captain^k GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Can you run Opera from a R4DS without any patches and use the RAM cartridge that comes with the retail browser package in Slot 2 so you don't have to swap our the R4DS to use it?

4. bonethugs1999
    OP

Newcomer bonethugs1999 Member

United States
    actually I just found a solution to the web browser, but either way I want to play castlevania a lot more so how do i solve the freezing problem? And how do I play any ds game in moonshell without it freezing as well?