Gaming NDS. The Pokemon System?

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed that it is ridiculous how many Pokemon games there are on the DS. Sure, the handhelds are the primary source of Pokemon games, but The DS is getting ridiculous.

Pokemon Dash
Pokemon Trozei
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl

And the upcoming sequels

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2
Pokemon Ranger 2 (YES!!!!)

I mean, Pokemon is popular, and granted, DS doesn't have has many Pokemon games as the GB/GBC, but it's ridiculous. Especially since only a few of them were any good. (Pokemon Ranger, and to a way lesser extent, Pokemon Pearl/Diamond)

Pokemon Ranger 2 is gonna be frickin awesome, but I think that may be the end of the good Pokemon games (unless you like mystery dungeon) Is there too many Pokemon games on DS?

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh, How many Mario featuring Games come out on each Nintendo system......handheld or console.

To complain about something like that doesn't make sense...at all. What is Nintendo suppose to do? They are not gonna stop making Pokemon games, the same with Mario, cause it brings in the $$$, So do we put it on Xbox? No, PS3 is better...[/sarcasm]

Not Flaming you but its kind of silly if you read it.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... I'm not sure about that. They might limit you to just a few certain pokemon. But the concept is a cool idea. Let's just hope they don't make Pikachuz, one of those virtual pet things, but with Pikachu. Though Hey you Pikachu was kind of like that. Hey you pikachu easily is the worst Pokemon game.

I want a pokemon shooter, where you're a trainer, and you shoot all of the most annoying pokemon like zubat and ekans. That's just a joke, but I think it would be refreshing.

@ gamesphere.

It's true that nintendo is limited to certain things, and it is ridiculous how many mario games there are. But what I'm essentially getting at is they should maybe try to make a new franchise, and not milk all the others for all they are worth. It's too bad that Nintendo hasn't given more focus to other series and maybe make some sequels to other popular games. *See games that deserve sequels thread*

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heh heh. Unfourtunately, you're probably right. There will most likely be another one. Though who would the main Pokemon be? It seems from the box art of Pokemon Ranger 2, that Darkrai is the focus of that game, so I don't think Darkrai would be the focus for what ever pokemon game would be next. Might be Pokemon Quartz, or Pokemon platinum. If one is made, (which I sort of actually doubt) it would most likely revolve around Cresselia.

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
After the original RPG games, the best Pokemon games are Pinball for GBC and Pinball for GBA. Those games were really great, and I'm hopefully waiting for a Pinball for the DS, with connectivity with D/P, and bonuses like that.

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the original RPG games, the best Pokemon games are Pinball for GBC and Pinball for GBA. Those games were really great, and I'm hopefully waiting for a Pinball for the DS, with connectivity with D/P, and bonuses like that.

Heh heh.
cool.gif
Well, guess what? HAL was one of the core developers of those games, along with the popular Pokemon Snap and Stadium Games. They Made Pokemon Ranger too. You can trust HAL with Pokemon. After all, they don't only make Kirby games.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, when the third Sinnoh game is released, it is likely to be Pokemon Opal and feature Giratina. It's the only thing that makes sense. He's the third legendary dragon in the game and his name refers to a shade of opal.

And as far as the milking of the franchises go, Nintendo isn't going to stop until it stops making them unfathomable amounts of money. And at least they are not entirely shovelware. A bunch of those games are actually pretty decent. And I LOVED the Sinnoh games. D/P pwn3d.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr