Hacking NDS Shock Shells

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months back my clear "shock" replacement shell broke (hinge part, where the lights are at). I finally have the time to do it right now, sooo ill be busy for the next few hours doing so
biggrin.gif
Anyone else experience any problems like this?

TheBlueStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The happened to me on my blue shock shell. I figured I bought this to replace the normal hinge crack on regular DS Lite shells, and if this thing is going to crack in a week, I'll just stick with the better quality shell, basically I put the original shell back on. I beleive someone on the their forum stated all he did was take a solder to it, and melted the hinge back together. IMO those things are crap, the angle of the screen was off by a few degrees, it just is not worth 40$ to me.

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have done a shock replacement twice now and I have had no probs at all I think they are fine a better alternative to not playing at all when the LED falls out LOL, But I think the people who bash the shock cases fail to realize the real problem here and it is poor manufacturing on Nintendo's part! This is my 2 cent's.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who have a cracked hinge; do you pull the screen all the way back so it becomes flat ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated