NDS Rom Patcher Released!

FoxxyIchibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After playing around with it some more, it appears that Nintendogs isn't saving properly on my SuperCard SD. While it does save my dog, it always boots to the "Your puppy has come home with you!" message (Maybe it is only saving the first 64kb to the sav file?) I went past it and named it and taught it sit (the voice recognition is crap.. took me over 20 minutes to do this, and my friends hate me for it. This may have had to do with the save patching?), then did a manual save and quit. Upon restarting I got the "Your puppy has come home with you!" message once again. Loading Nintendogs corrupts the data on my Feel the Magic card for some reason. Also, .sav files are only loading for me with the patched Castlevania and Nintendogs, though it won't actually save to the .sav file for either. I couldn't get anything to work with Nanostray. Bomberman wouldn't load the .sav at first, but trying to create a new data would cause a "failed to format" error, and then the main menu would show a corrupt savegame in the first slot.

SC Users: Dont rely on any 'save patching' with this. Only use it to make the NDS roms load faster. Some people have had varying success using this with a QPC, then saving with the saver menu. Eeprom tools seem like a much better choice for now.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First off, you'll need a DS cart with 2mbit save, such as Madden 2006 and so on, if you use the official patcher. This way, it will stay on the DS cart. When the time comes to back up the save, use the Etool which cory1492 wrote, it's linked in other threads, and I'm too lazy (and it's late
wink.gif
) to copy it here. Use it to send it in the SRAM of the SC, then use the QPC method to back it up in a sav file. However, this is most likely what you missed : You need the original .sav file to have 256kilobytes, and the game you will use to transfer it back and forth to have been patched with "Enable more saver".

With those, it SHOULD work... Right cory1492 ?
wink.gif

- Vince989

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, it should, but unfortunately Im not sure how to bankswitch with the SC to use the extra save space so for 2mbit at this point - its not in Etool... been trying to figure out how gba games use more than 64k saves but there is little info I have found useful...

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any1 checked if multi game card multiplayer works? (Maybe against "normal" cards without passme/etc)

Also, would an EFA Linker 512 MB or Linker 2 1gb worth buying for use with a passme? Because I read many games worked with this combination
smile.gif

dase

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
i've tested few games with "singlecard multi". Second console read the data from game and when it's done, loose signal and crashes.

sicksadsun

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all !

well i tried with my supercard CF and super pass...
but most of the games don't work...

first i've to put a game and passkey to launch games...
i've tried with different games... but it doen't work

i've tried
nintendogs (double white screen) or crash after a few secs
goldeneye ( very confusing the game runs but images are half blured... i don't know how to explain)
and Asphalt (the game crashes after after a few minutes... )

Each time when i run one of those... i've launch the game... turn off and turn on my DS... then launch once again the game

do i have to flash my ds ??
hate2.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to interrupt but I really got to to ask you something:

I can't get Nintendogs to save with this patcher. I got Supercard CF / Flashme.
I just tried this tip:

"SuperCard users : Nintendogs failed to load at first. I then tossed a random greater than 2mb file into the same directory and named it nintendogsxxxwhatever.sav. Nintendogs LOADS and it SAVES to the .sav file. Even after copying over the Sram and leaving the power turned off for a few minutes, my dog was there to greet me again. I think this means that SuperCard will save a 2mb save file if it is being loading along with the rom, rather than using the saver menu and selecting a file (only writes the first 64kb). Non-save patched games will load .savs along with the NDS rom, but they will not save to them (maybe this is useful for games that simply require unlocking, such as Wario Ware or Feel the Magic)."

So I tried a file and renamed it to Nintendogstheversionihave.sav and put it on my CFcard. But when I load and save nothing happens. Then I tried loading the .sav file in the saver menu. Then I saved and the next time it seemed to load the data, but after leaving it off for a couple of minutes I got a "corrupted save" message.

Can somebody tell me -exactly- how to get this wonderful game to save?

THNX

FoxxyIchibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to interrupt but I really got to to ask you something:

I can't get Nintendogs to save with this patcher. I got Supercard CF / Flashme.
I just tried this tip:

"SuperCard users : Nintendogs failed to load at first. I then tossed a random greater than 2mb file into the same directory and named it nintendogsxxxwhatever.sav. Nintendogs LOADS and it SAVES to the .sav file. Even after copying over the Sram and leaving the power turned off for a few minutes, my dog was there to greet me again. I think this means that SuperCard will save a 2mb save file if it is being loading along with the rom, rather than using the saver menu and selecting a file (only writes the first 64kb). Non-save patched games will load .savs along with the NDS rom, but they will not save to them (maybe this is useful for games that simply require unlocking, such as Wario Ware or Feel the Magic)."

So I tried a file and renamed it to Nintendogstheversionihave.sav and put it on my CFcard. But when I load and save nothing happens. Then I tried loading the .sav file in the saver menu. Then I saved and the next time it seemed to load the data, but after leaving it off for a couple of minutes I got a "corrupted save" message.

Can somebody tell me -exactly- how to get this wonderful game to save?

THNX

As it turns out, it only saves the first 64kb of the save anyway. So, it only saves the dog you selected, and nothing more than that. Don't bother with it until save patching becomes more mature and a workaround for the 64kb of Sram on the Supercard is figured out.

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does someone know if it's possible to flash Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan on a 512mbit card? It's one of those games i want to try out first before importing :/

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does someone know if it's possible to flash Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan on a 512mbit card? It's one of those games i want to try out first before importing :/

was it really nessecary to post this in two topics?

I read the news on the main page, followed the link by clicking on it and postet my question. After that i saw the other thread and thought that the others will look into the other thread more often because its not 15 pages long.
cool.gif

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I patched and trimmed C:DoS and its 32 MB, I can flash that to my card but when I run a standard Wifime download it just comes to a white screen and no amount of start button pressing does anything.

I cant put it with a loader or boot thing from darkstars loader because it makes it 32.1 or larger and that wont fit, am i supposed to have just the one C:DoS file on my cart and run a wifime download and it works? Cause I cannot get it to work doing that on my EZ-F II powerstart 256.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here