Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah a much much better week! Same as ever, dates could change blah blah blah read on for more!

June 19th

Sim City DS USA Genre:Create city-me-do

Ah finally here it is in English! So this is the legendary Sim game where you create your own city and all that. In the DS game which is based off Sim City 3000 for the PC its pretty much the same but with two screens and touchscreen control. Theres also DS exclusive "mini-game events" and local wireless function. Japanese version played very very well, just as good as PC so this is bound to be a winner as an awful lot of effort had gone into this and nearly every feature is used with good effect, you even blow fires out with the microphone!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=smvPOixdUts

simcity-ds-20070509051507755.jpg
simcity-ds-20070509051502631.jpg
simcity-ds-20070509051507021.jpg

Transformers: Autobots / Decepticons USA Genre: Mech-me-do

Ok this is a movie tie in and its in two flavours. Decepticons lets you play as erm Decepticons and you'll be able to have antarctic levels. Autobots you play as Autobots and will have desert levels, both games have 20 different missions and story progressions. You'll also be able to transform into 30 different vehicles like cars, helicopters and maybe that electric car Clive Sinclair made...maybe not. Both games are online with WFC for the ambitious "AllSpark War." Players will link up to the internet and combat to try to see who the more powerful side is. Team Death Match and AllSpark Sports will also be available for up to four players over local Wi-Fi, which sounds just dandy if you ask me. Graphically though it looks a bit ropey. Its by Vicarous Visions who did the two very nice Tony Hawk DS titles and the "meh but some people love it" Spider-Man games. Willl this be one of the better tie in games?

transformers-autobots-20070413031242825.jpg
transformers-decepticons-20070612103549001.jpg

Also out today is the US version of the excellent Brothers In Arms. Which a Euro version is already out.

June 20th

Fullmetal Alchemist: Trading Card Game USA Genre: Trading card-me-do

Yay yet another trading card game, seems to be every week now, could this be a good one? Dunno but it does have online WFC and regular multiplayer modes which is nice. It also has the original cast of the cartoon doing voice acting too. Briefly read through this interview and it does sound like they put a lot of effort into it.

scr_FMA_TCG_02.jpg
scr_FMA_TCG_01.jpg
scr_FMA_TCG_03.jpg

21st June

Black Cat: Kuroneko no Concerto JAPAN Genre:Card-adventure-me-do

Based on the popular comic book, this is a card-style-adventure game and you experience some sort of clean-up business. You can get experience points from battles but the Eve character has to level up through mini games.

ME0000815124_2.jpg
ME0000815126_2.jpg
ME0000815123_2.jpg

Hello Kitty no Gotouchi Collection: Koi no DokiDoki Trouble JAPAN Genre: Adventure-me-do

Beats me what this is, can't find no screens either.

Itadaki Street DS JAPAN Genre: Board game-me-do

The latest game from Square Enix is a monopoly style board game title that features Dragon Quest characters and characters from the Super Mario games. Its the first none Playstation title in the series and will be a online title too but you can also play multiplayer through DS link up. The series is quite popular with many gamers and with Mario characters being featured it could be the first of the titles to be released in the West and other countries. Famitsu recently gave it 9,9,9,9 which is basically them saying "OMG ITZ TEH r0XX0rZ" or something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b4lkOIxR-EQ

ME0000836683_2.jpg
ME0000836666_2.jpg
ME0000836642_2.jpg

NANA: Live Staff Daiboshuu! Shoshinsha Kangei JAPAN Genre: Life sim-me-do

The NANA series comes to the DS, its entirely new and you play this chick who comes to Tokyo to make a new start. Its basically a life sim and will sell a shitload in Japan, previous games on PS2 have done well on the import scene.

cmi1004.jpg
cmi1008.jpg

Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi: Marugoto Teikoku Hotel JAPAN Genre: Cook-me-do

Yes its another cooking book!

Touch de Uno! DS JAPAN Genre: Erm Uno-me-do?

Its an Uno game...that you can touch...
huh.gif
erm thats all I know.

ME0000829592_2.jpg
ME0000829591_2.jpg

]
Wakabayashi Fumie no DS Kabu Lesson JAPAN Genre: Stock trade-me-do

Its yet another stock trading game! HURRAH! Players attempt to reach a pre-set monetary goal by trading stocks. The game includes historical stock trends and news for over 200 companies. Players can make use of recreations of real stock trading apps from five companies, including Orix, Kabu.com, Matsui Securities, Rakuten Securities and E-Trade Japan....sorry fell asleep! It stars Fumie Wakabayashi who just so happens to be quite a hottie and is fairly famous in Japan.

ME0000819501_2.jpg
ME0000819500_2.jpg
ME0000819503_2.jpg

Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Australia Genre: Poke-me-do

Do I really need to describe this game?

22nd June

Bratz Ponyz EUROPE Genre: Rip off little girls-me-do

Oh god another one
cry.gif
I wont waste my time explaining this, I don't think anyone is interested.

Kirby Mouse Attack EUROPE Genre: Platform-me-do

Now this isn't a new Kirby title just the Kirby Squeak Squad. Pretty good game, though very short would prefer Kirby Canvas sequel but its a solid game so try it if you haven't already.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jhW8GsCulY4

kirby-ds-20060509013923180.jpg
kirby-squeak-squad-20060915060602246.jpg

Megaman ZX EUROPE Genre: Platform shoot-me-do

The first Megaman game I've enjoyed in ages. Ok its still nothing compared to the original Megaman games but its good anyway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qex-bvLTi2w&mode=related&search=

mega-man-zx-20060912022744421_thumb.jpg
mega-man-zx-20060912022747890_thumb.jpg
mega-man-zx-20060912022748749_thumb.jpg

Metroid Prime Pinball (With rumble Pak) EUROPE Genre: Pinball cash in-me-do

Jesus how long has this been delayed over here? Released elsewhere in 2005 and finally out here even though most people don't care anymore. Still its a nice game, and has some nice touches but could've been better IMO.

metroid-prime-pinball-20050930000534061.jpg
metroid-pinball-20050515004915381.jpg

Shrek the Third EUROPE Genre: Crap-me-do

Terrible cash in, plays like a crap version of Lost Vikings, not worth touching. Theres also the GBA release but thats even worse.

Sim City DS EUROPE Genre: Create city-me-do

See the USA release at top.

23rd June

Zelda no Densetsu: Mugen no Sunadokei JAPAN Genre: Zelda-me-do

ITS HERE!!! Can't understand Japanese but I'm desperate to see how this plays and I guess many will. Should be the most played Japanese title by those who don't understand Japanese since Ouenden 2! Do you need to know any more info? Well its controlled by the touchscreen so its a bit of a departure for the series and its a sequel to Wind Waker. In English its called Phantom Hourglass and should be out in October. Some people are moaning that it doesn't look like OoT (come on people move on, seriously!) and some complain about it looking like it does but meh screw them this game will be magnificent what with the touchscreen doodling on the map and the online features and if the moaners are gonna ignore it then its their loss.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wQmxEEb0_cU

the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-20070530103559063.jpg
the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-20070530103557657.jpg
the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-20070530103559907.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-20070427102419157.jpg
the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-20070427102418266.jpg
the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-20070427102417594.jpg

Phew that took a while to do! Anyway some nice stuff there hopefully. Week after looks good what with Nervous Brickdown, Lifesigns, More Brain Training and Hoshigami to look forward to ya the DS
yaynds.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
ZOMG a party game with Mario characters. My sister is gonna cry of happiness.
Zelda is a must play and the transformers one might be good. ^^

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sim City was the first game I ever bought on the Amiga! Really looking forward to that assuming they haven't nerfed it in some fashion. (Those disaster minigames... You'd better be able to turn them off. I am tired of games having a "Look like a twat who is orally pleasuring their DS" blow in the microphone function.)

Rest of the selection... Blah.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sim City was the first game I ever bought on the Amiga! Really looking forward to that assuming they haven't nerfed it in some fashion. (Those disaster minigames... You'd better be able to turn them off. I am tired of games having a "Look like a twat who is orally pleasuring their DS" blow in the microphone function.)

Rest of the selection... Blah.

Zelda is "blah"?

As always, great work, hadrian. I'm probably looking forward to the Transformers game a little more than I should, but that's how nostalgia works most of the time.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is going to be torture knowing phantom hourglass is out and not being able to understand it. Maybe I can get by the Japanese txt by having the translation printed down on a piece of paper.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gah lagman's mind is lagged like efnet on a split.

anyway, that looks more like simcity 2000 but I agree if it is like the original without all the water pipes and all that nasty stuff that makes the game more complicated (yet I know some like), it'd be fun.

Kirby, cool..more kirby games

Megaman on GBA/DS has good graphics but the games are so hard it is frustrating to play. Would be good to see one come out that was fun again
smile.gif

yadda japcrap filth

What is that F-15 fighter plane suppose to be in transformers movie? I mean come on can't be leader-1 cos he is in go-bots, same jet and colors and all lol. Is it starscream? not the same colors or same jet lol. They botched the looks of the characters in that movie, but it'll still be cool. Hoping they don't botch up the games on the next gen consoles. I have a feeling that they won't. The latest transformers game for PS2 was pretty good, despite its lack of popularity.

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking forward to Simcity and Transformers - all others are re-releases or Japan releases...

Loved Simcity 2000 on the pc with all the below-grounds (yes waterpipes and stuff) planning. And I used to be a Transformer nut back when they still had the normal non-pc-animated cartoons. Used to play with the Bandai toys...

Seriously - I can't stand the computer animated shit they dare show our kids today. Nothing beats the old-style Spiderman / X-men and Transformers cartoons...

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking forward to Sim City

Zelda should be fun to look at and randomly jab at the screen.

Metroid pinball is ok, been playing it for well over a year now, cant think why its been delayed in EUR so long.

Kirby US version is a good game, not great but well worth a play, another EUR delay for no reason, cant take that long to traslate it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I see of Transformers game the less I want it. The PS2 game that came out few years back was brilliant so if these new games fail try that one 'cos its ace.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gah lagman's mind is lagged like efnet on a split.

anyway, that looks more like simcity 2000 but I agree if it is like the original without all the water pipes and all that nasty stuff that makes the game more complicated (yet I know some like), it'd be fun.

Kirby, cool..more kirby games

Megaman on GBA/DS has good graphics but the games are so hard it is frustrating to play. Would be good to see one come out that was fun again
smile.gif

yadda japcrap filth

What is that F-15 fighter plane suppose to be in transformers movie? I mean come on can't be leader-1 cos he is in go-bots, same jet and colors and all lol. Is it starscream? not the same colors or same jet lol. They botched the looks of the characters in that movie, but it'll still be cool. Hoping they don't botch up the games on the next gen consoles. I have a feeling that they won't. The latest transformers game for PS2 was pretty good, despite its lack of popularity.

it doesnt look like its going to be a good week for amptor
laugh.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SimCity and Transformers look good. Zelda......I think I'll just hold out for the US release. I can't stand staring at Japanese text.....I call it TV antenna language.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slim pickins in that list.
Played sim city too many times, transformers will be better on other platforms, however the graphics look a good effort for the DS!
Not interested in a Japanese Zelda, English however and I'll be all over it.

Keep up the good work with these threads man, I love them
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: