Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few nice looking releases next week, kinda varied too. Its gonna get even better when September arrives as there are well over 50 titles due in the US & Europe alone!

August 28th

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008 US Genre: Golf-me-do

Another year another update, don't think I've played any since the horrid 2005 DS game.

thumb_13T.jpg
thumb_6T.jpg

Also out are Professional Fisherman's Tour: Northern Hemisphere which I', sure came out a while back, Pet Alien which is OK at best (though some people love it for some reason) and Garfields Nightmare which was ok. If you like Shin'en games then you'll like them, if you find Shin'em to be average then you might not.

August 30th

One Piece: Gear Spirit Japan Genre: Fight-me-do

A Smash Bros style fighter featuring the One Piece characters.

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=11mk1eNcRPw

ME0000858243_2.jpg
ME0000858246_2.jpg

Oni Zero: Sengoku Ransei Hyakkaryouran Japan Genre: RPG-me-do

ME0000857996_2.jpg
ME0000857995_2.jpg

Simple 1500 Series Vol. 21: The Fuhyou: Bitai de Shutsugeki! Senjou no Inutachi
Japan Genre: Action-me-do

Looks like a Brothers in Arms sort of game to me.

ME0000858235_2.jpg
ME0000858236_2.jpg

Summon Night Twin Age: Seireitachi no Kyoumei Japan Genre: RPG-me-do

The franchise returns on DS. Shame Swordcraft Story 3 never made it over here.

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3lcpcLgJskk

ME0000858275_2.jpg
ME0000858277_2.jpg

Also out are:
Tsunde Tsumi Kiss Link
Kazoku Minna de Nippon Shiatsu Shikai Kanshuu: RakuRaku Shiatsu Navi Link
DS Sokudoku Junior Link

August 31st

Genius DS - Equal Cards Europe Genre: Math-me-do

Released in Japan as "Sansuu Puzzle Game: Equal Card DS" and out next month in the US as "Math Play". This is yet another "hey isn't doing maths fun?" sort of games with some kinda of cat probably breaking your balls if you mess up.

ME0000850741_2.jpg
ME0000850746_2.jpg

Undercover: Dual Motives
Europe Genre: Adventure-me-do

Where the hell did this come from? This looks like a very pretty graphic adventure title like the ones we had in the early 90's on the Amiga & 486 PCs. PC adventure gamers may already know the other game in the series on the PC called “Undercover: Operation Wintersun”. Anyway set in the 1930's just before WWII is about to begin, players take over the control over Russell, a physicist suspected to have betrayed secrets, who has only 24 hours to prove his innocence & also Audrey, the secretary of the research compound’s director. Together, they have to prove Russell’s innocence. Most of the time though, the player will control the two playable characters – Russell and Secretary Audrey – switching between them at will with the press of a button. In order to solve the game’s puzzles he will have to apply their respective abilities and coordinate their actions. Could be a sleeper hit, but I kinda expect the game to miss the release date.

EDIT: Its actually just been dumped an hour ago!

ME0000762577_2.jpg
ME0000736668_2.jpg
ME0000736667_2.jpg

Worms: Open Warfare 2 Europe Genre: Blow the other worms up-me-do

After the US release date slipped till the 4th September, I'm hoping that this will make the date over here. Looking to improve on everything the shoddy DS title did, the developers are hoping to make an excellent DS Worms game. Lots of weapons, modes, extras and WFC modes plus apparently some very good single player missions. The developers are pushing this as a proper new Worms game rather than a spin-off. Lets hope it delivers!

Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bIBAtz36z7g

ME0000857457_2.jpg
ME0000857447_2.jpg
ME0000857449_2.jpg

Also out are:
Dragon Ball Z: Goku Densetsu (US title Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu)
Impossible Mission, which I quite liked as it played the same as the original, had the same levels and also had some brand new ones too!
Dynasty Warriors: Fighters Battle DS, which was crap and had a filesize that was stupid.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

Looks like a decent week but I'm still busy with GS3 and Run Factory. As usual dates change and don't always expect a game to get dumped.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, I love those European games !!! I hope they haven't delayed Worms for Europe. And that adventure game looks really interesting. Can't wait to get my hands on those 2 games !!!

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undercover: Dual Motives seems to be decent. Only played about 20 minutes of it (I'll need to play a lot more to know how good it'll be) and so far its very like the Amiga/PC point and click adventures we use to play.

Its nice to have a game like this on the DS at last, and I know some others are coming.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Undercover: Dual Motives seems to be decent. Only played about 20 minutes of it (I'll need to play a lot more to know how good it'll be) and so far its very like the Amiga/PC point and click adventures we use to play.

Its nice to have a game like this on the DS at last, and I know some others are coming.

Can't wait to try it, the lack of point and click adventures games on the DS is astonishing.

Great work as usual hadrian, welcome back
happy.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
that adventure game is looking good.. I'll give it a try..

and I've been waiting for that One Piece game for some time! Lot's of cool characters from the manga are playable in this one.. I hope it's good!
biggrin.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DO. WANT. WORMS.

Can't wait for that one. From what I've been reading it sounds excellent and it has Wi-Fi multiplayer! Forget about the absolutely shocking first Worms Open Warfare! This one should be aces.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks! This is a nice week indeed. I wanna try Tiger Woods, One Piece, the Brothers in Arms-like game and Undercover: Dual Motives.

Of course, the best game this week is Worms: Open Warfare 2
biggrin.gif
But as you are, I'm still busy with GS3
smile.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO. WANT. WORMS.

Can't wait for that one. From what I've been reading it sounds excellent and it has Wi-Fi multiplayer! Forget about the absolutely shocking first Worms Open Warfare! This one should be aces.

What was the main problem with the first game anyway?
Just lacked in features really. No online mode, lousy sound, controls felt awkward at times, crap AI thats worse than the first Worms on the Amiga, not as many weapons as usual, it wasn't as customable as previous games and various other faults.

Ok I compared it to the likes of Worms Armageddon and World Party but I think that is fair. PSP version was a bit better better though.

P

pasc

Hmm.. I wonder why this Simple series vol. 21 game is a brothers in arms styled game... I'm interested in this and in Worms !

lawliet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.domain.kefi.org
XP
Country
Senegal
Can't wait to try the new One Piece Game. Didn't know it even existed. The dual motive game looks good. Anyone knows what the game is actually about? I don't really know what is meant by a "point and click" adventure game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1